Senior Product Manager
- 6800 Koll Center Pkwy, Pleasanton, CA 94566, USA
Govzilla is at the forefront of leveraging the power of Big Data and AI to make government data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone who needs it.
Top Pharma Companies, Food Manufacturers, Medical Device Companies, and Service firms from around the globe rely on Govzilla to mine and process government inspection, enforcement, and registration data in order to quantify risk signals about their suppliers, identify market opportunities, benchmark against their peers, and prepare for the latest inspection trends. Our data and analytics have been cited by major media outlets such as MSNBC, WSJ, and the Boston Globe. Our website, FDAzilla.com is viewed more than 1 million times per year.
We are passionate about our mission to solve novel data and analytics problems for our customers. At Govzilla, we’re committed to our work, to our customers, and to having fun.
Govzilla is looking for a Senior Product Manager to drive the definition, development and adoption of our new product offering(s), and ensure end-to-end success in its markets. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to work for a fast-growing company and to directly influence and drive the definition and strategy of our ever-expanding suite of unique products.
If you love working with customers from top global companies, solving challenging problems with industry experts, modeling and discovering insights from data, and designing beautiful user experiences, this is the role for you. You will combine your understanding of the cloud and big data ecosystem to collaborate with customers, industry experts, a team of engineers, QA, UX to continue Govzilla’s tradition of building groundbreaking data products. You will merge attention to technical detail with the ability to understand and align with business imperatives while working hand-in-glove with cross-functional execution teams to drive customer insights and inputs directly into the development process.
- Be Customer Obsessed—always starts with the customer first and work back. Actively define customer personas, understand the customer business goals and pain points, develop insights into what is possible with the data, and uncover un-articulated needs.
- Work with industry experts to become an authority on the available data, to identify methods to process and tag that data, and to leverage the data to create insights and deliver automation for our customers.
- Identify market opportunities, build use cases, and define the data product roadmap.
- Partner closely with UX & Design to translate product vision and strategy into a great customer experience.
- Develop User Stories and groom the backlog for one or more teams.
- Collaborate with product marketing to support the creation of customer-driven messaging and content.
- With the knowledge acquired from doing all of the above, build customer relationships, dig deeper into their unmet needs, and bring this customer voice back to the development team and the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Commerce, Computer Science or another technical discipline.
- 5+ years of Product management experience in a SaaS environment. You understand the unique challenges of working with large and diverse customer accounts.
- Relevant work experience in Data Analytics with complex data sets to understand enterprise customer needs and provide actionable insights.
- Proven track record of focus and execution leading to positive market outcomes.
- Experience bringing multiple products or features to market from end to end.
- Exposure to large enterprise customers with multiple stakeholders and ambiguous requirements.
- Ability to understand and thrive in multiple industries at the same time.
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational skills, with the ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends.
- Ability to lead and facilitate design workshops, assessments, planning sessions with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills—verbal and written.
- Solid understanding of AWS and/or similar cloud stacks.
- Strong knowledge of modern software development and continuous delivery practices.
- Hands-on experience with modern functional and issue tracking tools (eg. JIRA) to define epics, use cases, storyboarding, and user stories.
- Experience with A/B Testing and defining proper KPIs and metrics to constantly shift focus based on customer need/satisfaction.
Govzilla is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.