Engineering Project Manager
- 6800 Koll Center Pkwy, Pleasanton, CA 94566, USA
Govzilla is at the forefront of leveraging the power of Big Data and AI to make government data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone who needs it.
Top Pharma Companies, Food Manufacturers, Medical Device Companies, and Service firms from around the globe rely on Govzilla to mine and process government inspection, enforcement, and registration data in order to quantify risk signals about their suppliers, identify market opportunities, benchmark against their peers, and prepare for the latest inspection trends. Our data and analytics have been cited by major media outlets such as MSNBC, WSJ, and the Boston Globe. Our website, FDAzilla.com is viewed more than 1 million times per year.
We are passionate about our mission to solve novel data and analytics problems for our customers. At Govzilla, we’re committed to our work, to our customers, and to having fun.
Govzilla is in search of a high-energy and ambitious Engineering Project Manager who will play a central role in the delivery of our SaaS application to multiple customers. We are looking for that individual who is truly self-motivated, takes ownership and is committed to delivering awesome products. As a member of our team, the ideal candidate will quickly absorb complex issues, lead cross-functional efforts, and be responsible for driving delivery of features for upcoming software releases.
Working with our Data Engineering, Data Science, and Application Development groups, you will be the key face of Govzilla for some of our biggest customers in the global pharmaceutical industry. This role will also have the opportunity to create new processes, manage information in a visually appealing and easy-to-understand way, and help drive results across a team of dynamic communicators and policy professionals.
- Manage external client intake requirements and client communication
- General management of web projects
- Work with product, business and development teams to effectively drive projects from concept to launch
- Work with internal development teams to execute against requirements
- Ensure projects are launched according to published schedules
- Keep business owners up to date on project status and potential issues
- Resolve project, design, or resource issues before they cause schedule delays
- Enhance project management processes to accommodate rapidly changing software needs
- 3+ years of experience in a web project coordinator or manager role, or equivalent experience leading development teams
- 3+ years of managing external client project process and communications with successful launches
- Understanding of project processes (scheduling, documentation, risk analysis, and contingency planning).
- Strong understanding of development process, including development, testing, and deployment, as well as work breakdown, dependencies, responsibilities (full SDLC)
- Proficiency in AGILE/SCRUM methodologies
- Understanding and experience in UI/UX best practices
- Strong working knowledge of web technologies and SaaS architecture
- Strong understanding of AWS services and solutions built upon them
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong ability to use/manage project management tracking/reporting tools (eg. JIRA)
- Strong attention to detail, follow-through, and organizational skills
- Highly analytical, logical, and good problem solving skills
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of staff
- Proficiency in HTML, CSS, Adobe creative suite, Invision, Sketch, Balsamiq a plus
Govzilla is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace regardless of race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.