Diesel Mechanic / Technician - Hermiston, OR
- 29265 Freedom Ln, Hermiston, OR 97838, USA
We’re currently offering a $2000 signing bonus when you join our team!
If you’re ready to grow your career as a Diesel Technician, Freightliner Northwest is the place to be! Family owned with 11 locations across Oregon and Washington, we work hard to provide you with training and opportunities to be at the top of your game.
Why work for us?
- We offer a clear career path as your skill set grows
- We’re Elite Support certified and care about your ideas on continuous improvement
- Freightliner has 40% of the market share for heavy duty trucks on the road. Be a part of the biggest and best!
Diesel Technicians at Freightliner Northwest:
- Run diagnostic tests and analyze results.
- Repair or replace vehicle engines, steering mechanisms, transmissions and braking systems.
- Perform preventative maintenance.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the shop.
At Freightliner Northwest, you will be working with cutting edge industry technologies. With the help of a team you can rely on and training to build your skill sets, we’ll coach and encourage you every step of the way in well equipped, safe facilities where you’re empowered to do what’s right - whether you’re performing routine maintenance or complete engine overhauls.
And we’ll pay accordingly. We offer a competitive starting salary and benefits including healthcare, 401k with company match, paid time off, vacation and holiday pay, and education assistance. But it doesn’t stop there. We also have a yearly work boot incentive, OSHA approved PPE and paid life insurance.
Your time is now. Get your career on the right path.
Heavy equipment dealership experience definitely helps; three years or more preferred. Bring your strong mechanical aptitude, team player mentality and belief in safety first to Team FNW.
To qualify for our signing bonus, we are looking for diesel industry certifications and/or experience, plus a Class A or B CDL for our highest bonus option. Not sure if you qualify? Just ask!
We are an equal opportunity employer.
All offers of employment are made contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check. A motor vehicle records check is also required for positions with driving responsibilities. Mechanics frequently lift up to 75 pounds and must have a full complement of tools.