Shop Foreman - Spokane, WA
- 10310 W Westbow Rd, Spokane, WA 99224, USA
The Gordon Truck Centers dealer family operates 12 commercial truck dealerships throughout Washington, Oregon and Hawaii. With over 70 years of trucking industry experience and over 30 years in the commercial truck dealership business, GTC is well established with the largest Freightliner and Western Star dealer network in the Pacific Northwest and Hawaii and the expertise and commitment to offer Elite Support to the trucking industry.
Gordon Truck Centers, Inc. Shop Foreman is responsible for the proper flow of the shop to assure that we are exceeding customer’s expectations with accurate and timely repairs. This means prioritizing and assigning the correct techs to the jobs then following through until completion. Communicating well with the service writers, techs, and customers is a must. Also responsible for working with drivers, owners, and shop management to schedule equipment for repairs. Candidate must have a strong technical background and be capable of writing detailed repair estimates. Role may also be responsible for working with drivers, owners, and shop management to schedule equipment for repairs. Must have the ability to call customers and advise of needed repairs, update repair costs as required and close repair orders as directed.
Examples of Essential Functions of the Job
- Lead a staff of diesel technicians by organizing and overseeing the work activities to ensure customer needs are being met (includes payroll timekeeping responsibilities).
- Communicate directly and effectively with shop management. Problem-solve as a team.
- Complete familiarization of all phases of work in dealership service department.
- Assist in providing a check-in point for customers. Communicate with customers to determine extent of needed repairs and put that information on repair orders in such a way as to allow service technicians to effectively start repairs. Work directly with Service Advisors to schedule and plan related work in the Service Department.
- Open and close repair orders, enter other work as needed. Use computer-based programs to determine trucks warranty status and review unit’s history to identify reoccurring problems or repairs. Evaluate for other needed repairs and PM’s due.
- Work directly with shop managers in shop policies and procedures. Communicate with shop managers on all major repairs.
- Assist with overseeing correct data entry on all repair orders. Focus on and insure accuracy of all data and codes going into system.
- Assist technicians to make repairs as needed.
- Provide real-time updated information in the shop status screens in the computer (4 hours or more). Provide up-to-date information as exceptions arise for operations.
- Communicate with drivers & owners regarding status of repairs, parts on order, etc.
- Use good judgment to maintain a safe & organized work environment.
- Accept ownership for accomplishing new & different requests & exploring value added opportunities.
- Apply knowledge and work in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other rules and regulations as required.
- Develop and grow position; other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: 4 years repair shop experience as technician or 2 years shop experience and 2 years’ service writer or shop foreman experience.
Skills: Solid mechanical aptitude. Must be professional and safety minded at all times. Excellent communication both verbal and written, listening skills. Good customer service skills, general PC skills, conflict resolution skill set. Ability to prioritize and multi-task. Able to work with minimal supervision and direction. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Other: Must have valid driver’s licenses and be insurable. Truck driving experience and/or CDL helpful.
Built upon a 30 year history of helping customers satisfy their transportation needs, Freightliner Northwest is an expanded network of dealerships with multiple locations throughout Washington and Oregon. As a full-service Freightliner, Western Star, Fuso, Wilson Trailer, Reitnouer Aluminum Trailer dealership family, we can sell, finance, insure and service commercial trucks for medium and heavy duty applications.
Our experienced staff of factory-trained, certified technicians, can handle the most complex service issues to decrease customer downtime and get them back on the road. We also offer several body shops staffed with experienced, competent, certified technicians who are able to address repair issues for all makes and models of medium and heavy duty vehicles. Elite service doesn’t stop there, our knowledgeable financial staff offer expert loan and insurance advice when customers are ready to purchase.
We strive to go beyond customer expectation with the same high quality level of service across our network of dealerships. We take pride in the quality service we provide and we are committed to caring for our customers across the Pacific Northwest. With locations off every major northwest highway, all roads lead to Freightliner Northwest.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities, or working conditions associated with the position.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
All offers of employment are made contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check. A motor vehicle records check is also required for positions with driving responsibilities.