Parts Front Counterperson - Spokane, WA
- 10310 W Westbow Rd, Spokane, WA 99224, USA
Since 1986, Gordon Truck Centers has been helping customers satisfy their transportation needs as the Pacific Northwest’s premier Freightliner dealer. As a full-service dealership, GTC can sell, finance, insure and service commercial trucks for medium and heavy duty applications. We also maintain a $4 million parts inventory with full service counter staff and a parts delivery fleet.
Gordon Truck Centers, Inc. (Freightliner Northwest) is currently seeking a qualified individual for a Parts Front Counterperson position at our Spokane, WA store.
An experienced Parts Front Counterperson is responsible for meeting and greeting walk-in and phone customers in a professional manner, accurately process orders in the system and coordinate pulling product, shipment or delivery to the customer.
- Includes but not limited to the knowledge and selling of Freightliner, Detroit Diesel, Perkins and Truck & Chassis parts products.
- Greet and assist customers with parts orders via fax, phone and walk-ins.
- All aspects of parts department functions including cycle counting, inventory & freight management.
- Look up and sell heavy duty truck parts using parts manuals (hard copy and electronic) to identify the correct part needed.
- Locate available parts when the dealership is out of stock.
- Use and operate a computer and multiple computer programs.
Provide price quotes and other information.
- General knowledge on warranty periods and guidelines.
- Process manufacturers core returns.
- Use cash register to collect payment.
- Additional duties include stocking and maintaining showroom to meet company standards.
- Other duties as assigned as business needs require.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Other: valid driver’s license and be insurable preferred. Forklift certification or experience a plus.
- Experience: Previous heavy duty parts counter experience preferred. Previous cash and credit handling preferred.
- Skills: Knowledge of heavy duty parts. Ability to operate a computer and associated programs including Microsoft Word and Excel. Must be professional and safety minded at all times. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Great customer service skills are required. The ability to prioritize and multi-task, as well as to work with minimal supervision and direction. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Pay: This position offers a competitive hourly rate range, depending on experience, as well as an opportunity for goal-driven incentives.
- Physical: Standing most of the time on concrete floor. Repetitive movements. Lifting required, up to and in excess of 50 pounds at times. Telephone usage, keyboard usage.
- Environmental: Primarily indoor in a store environment with some warehouse work. High noise level on occasion.
- Scheduled hours/days: 8 hours per day, 5 days per week.