Parts Front Counter Person - Pacific, WA
- 277 Stewart Rd SW, Pacific, WA 98047, USA
Now is the time to build a career, not just get another job - and we want you to build it with us at Freightliner Northwest and Gordon Truck Centers. We are family-owned and operated throughout Washington, Oregon, and Hawaii, and we will put our 70 years of trucking industry experience and over 30 years in the commercial truck dealership business to work to help you train and build your knowledge and expertise with the company.
Since 1986, Gordon Truck Centers has been helping customers satisfy their transportation needs as the Pacific Northwest’s premier Freightliner dealer. As a full-service dealership, GTC can sell, finance, insure and service commercial trucks for medium and heavy duty applications. We also maintain a $4 million parts inventory with full service counter staff and a parts delivery fleet.
What You can Expect on the Job
The experienced Front Parts Counter Person is many times the first point of contact for our customers; greeting them with a friendly and professional attitude to help understand parts needs. This includes knowledge of heavy-duty parts; looking up heavy-duty truck parts using systems and manuals, knowing how to locate parts when the dealership is out of stock, providing price quotes and collecting payments (sales) in addition to inventory cycle counts. This is what you could expect to see for an Inside Parts Sales position.
Interested? Keep reading.
At Freightliner Northwest, you will be working with cutting edge industry technologies. With the help of a team you can rely on and training to build your skill sets, we’ll coach and encourage you every step of the way in well equipped, safe facilities where you’re empowered to do what’s right.
Someone that has car dealership parts, RV repair parts or heavy-duty dealership parts experience would be a great fit for this job. Other qualifications below:
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Other: Must have valid driver’s license and insurability preferred. Forklift certification or experience desired but we are willing to train you. Previous cash and credit handling preferred.
- Skills: Knowledge of heavy-duty parts. Ability to operate a computer and associated programs including Microsoft Word and Excel. Must be professional and safety-focused at all times. Excellent communication both verbal and written, listening skills. Good customer service skills. Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Able to work with minimal supervision and direction. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Pay: We offer a competitive starting compensation and benefits including healthcare, 401k with company match, paid time off, vacation and holiday pay, and education assistance. There is also an opportunity for goal-driven incentive pay.
Your time is now. Get your career on the right path!
- Physical: Standing most of the time on a hard surface. Repetitive movements. Lifting required. Parts employees occasionally lift up to 75 pounds.
- Environmental: Primarily indoor in a shop environment with some outdoor work. High noise level.
- Scheduled hours/days: 8 hours per day, 5 days per week.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
All offers of employment are made contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.