Outside Parts and Service Salesperson - Spokane, WA
- 10310 W Westbow Rd, Spokane, WA 99224, USA
Now is the time to build a career, not just get another job - and we want you to build it with us at Freightliner Northwest and Gordon Truck Centers. We are family-owned and operated throughout Washington, Oregon, and Hawaii, and we will put our 70 years of trucking industry experience and over 30 years in the commercial truck dealership business to work to help you train and build your way to a leadership opportunity in heavy duty diesel.
The Outside Parts Sales Representative is responsible for providing the parts and service needs of wholesale and fleet customers in the customer’s place of business.
- Become a reliable and trusted business source for your customers, insuring a positive reception for future solicitation calls.
- Build local business relationship, getting to know the customer, the customer's business and the needs of that business.
- Responding to customer parts or information requests quickly.
- Identify sales opportunities, prospect for new business and sell additional parts and accessories to customers.
- Address the customers parts needs, respond to information inquiries.
- Providing parts to customers from stock, procuring locally or creating a parts order as directed.
- Identifying customer needs and opportunities that will produce additional sales.
- Prospecting for new Parts and Service Department customers through phone solicitation.
- The use of structured presentations of new items or services during solicitation phone calls.
- Support activities for dealership customer satisfaction and concern resolution programs.
- Assist the company in the collection from customers of payments on sales generated by the salesperson.
- Make physical customer visits weekly and log call notes afterwards
- Other duties as business needs require.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: 2-4+ years of experienced in parts sales. Experience with heavy duty truck parts required. Experience with customer needs assessment and satisfaction, knowledge of methods for showing as well as promoting and selling products or services.
Skills: Knowledge of heavy duty truck parts and equipment. Must be energetic, professional and safety minded at all times. Dependable, motivated and a quick learner. Excellent communication both verbal and written, listening skills. Good customer service skills. Ability to prioritize and multi-task. Able to work with minimal supervision and direction.
Other: Must have valid driver’s license and insurable and be able to support and sustain daily vehicle travel requirements.
Physical Demands: (These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.) Requires sitting, typing and 10-key, walking and some stairs as well as lifting up to 75 lbs.
Environmental Demands: Primarily indoors with some outdoor work. Travel required.
Hours: Primarily required to work forty hours a week. Some additional hours during critical times throughout the month.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
All offers of employment are made contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check. A motor vehicle records check is also required for positions with driving responsibilities. Mechanics frequently lift up to 75 pounds, and must have a full complement of tools.