On Highway Truck Sales Professional - Spokane, WA
- 10310 W Westbow Rd, Spokane, WA 99224, USA
The Gordon Truck Centers dealer family operates 12 commercial truck dealerships throughout Washington, Oregon and Hawaii. With over 70 years of trucking industry experience and over 30 years in the commercial truck dealership business, GTC is well established with the largest Freightliner and Western Star dealer network in the Pacific Northwest and Hawaii and the expertise and commitment to offer Elite Support to the trucking industry.
Freightliner Northwest is currently seeking a qualified On Highway Truck Sales Professional for our Spokane, WA location. As a Truck Sales Professional you will be the first impression of Freightliner Northwest to our new and used truck customer base. This position is responsible for developing a business plan for on highway truck sales in an assigned territory, conquesting new sales opportunities, account maintenance and retention, and increasing market share. Valid Commercial Driver's License is a plus.
- Promoting and selling of heavy duty and medium duty new on highway trucks.
- Maintaining and preparing accurate documentation in reports, quoting and communication related to sales.
- Demonstrating spec’ing and application skills in various truck market market segments
- Coordinate with OEM partners on Customer Application Engineering items
- Ability to understand state and federal bridge laws
- Clear and concise presentation skills
- Ability to quote trucks specs and pricing with proven ability to close deals
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a long term relationship with customers through continuing support after the sale.
- Ability to demonstrate use of equipment.
- Demonstrated desire for continuing education regarding Freightliner trucks and components
- Coordinate and facilitate with the Finance Manager, Sales Manager and service department on your customer’s behalf.
- Communicate directly and effectively with co-workers, peers and shop management. Problem solve as a team
- Other duties assigned as business requires.
- Education: Minimum of high school diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- Other: Must have valid driver’s license and be insurable.
- Experience: 5 years of on highway truck sales experience desired. Minimum of 3 years sales experience.
- Skills: CDL License desired, Awareness of all regulations pertaining to the trucking industry. Verbal and written Communication, General PC and Conflict Resolution skills. Must be professional and safety minded at all times. Excellent communication both verbal and written, listening skills. Good customer service skills. Ability to prioritize and multi-task. Able to work with minimal supervision and direction. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Physical Demands: (These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be available to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.) Must be able to physically navigate around a powered tractor unit. Be able to access cat walk, air lines, engine compartment and interior of the truck as needed.Ability to operate equipment proficiently to allow effective presentation and to maintain display of inventory
Environmental Demands: Mostly indoor work. Some noise while working around operation departments. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles.
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8AM to 5PM
Additional Information: Off-hour shifts may be required occasionally or for special events.
Built upon a 30 year history of helping customers satisfy their transportation needs, Freightliner Northwest is an expanded network of dealerships with multiple locations throughout Washington and Oregon. As a full-service Freightliner, Western Star, Fuso, Wilson Trailer, Reitnouer Aluminum Trailer dealership family, we can sell, finance, insure and service commercial trucks for medium and heavy duty applications.
Our experienced staff of factory-trained, certified technicians, can handle the most complex service issues to decrease customer downtime and get them back on the road. We also offer several body shops staffed with experienced, competent, certified technicians who are able to address repair issues for all makes and models of medium and heavy duty vehicles. Elite service doesn’t stop there, our knowledgeable financial staff offer expert loan and insurance advice when customers are ready to purchase.
We strive to go beyond customer expectation with the same high quality level of service across our network of dealerships. We take pride in the quality service we provide and we are committed to caring for our customers across the Pacific Northwest. With locations off every major northwest highway, all roads lead to Freightliner Northwest.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities, or working conditions associated with the position.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
All offers of employment are made contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check. A motor vehicle records check is also required for positions with driving responsibilities.