Service Advisor - Medford, OR
- 2343 Biddle Rd, Medford, OR 97504, USA
Built upon a 30 year history of helping customers satisfy their transportation needs, Freightliner Northwest (FNW) is an expanded network of dealerships with multiple locations throughout Washington and Oregon. As a full-service Freightliner, Western Star, Fuso, Wilson Trailer, Reitnouer Aluminum Trailer dealership family, we can sell, finance, insure and service commercial trucks for medium and heavy duty applications.
Our experienced staff of factory-trained, certified technicians, can handle the most complex service issues to decrease customer downtime and get them back on the road! We also offer several body shops staffed with experienced, competent, certified technicians who are able to address repair issues for all makes and models of medium and heavy duty vehicles. Elite service doesn’t stop there, our knowledgeable financial staff offer expert loan and insurance advice when customers are ready to purchase.
We strive to go beyond customer expectation with the same high quality level of service across our network of dealerships. We take pride in the quality service we provide and we are committed to caring for our customers across the Pacific Northwest. With locations off every major northwest highway, all roads lead to Freightliner Northwest.
Freightliner Northwest's Service Advisor is responsible for making a great first impression with customers at all times and provide outstanding customer service from that first impression until final delivery. We need someone who is willing to pitch in when help is needed and do it with a positive attitude!
- Greet and communicate with customers and initiate service write up for repairs.
- Accurately take customer information, record the customer’s requests, and prepare written estimates.
- Schedule and plan related work in the shop directly with the service foreman.
- Communicate directly and effectively with shop management. Problem solve as a team.
- Communicate with the customer/driver on the status of repair at all times.
- Open and close repair orders, enter other work needed, check for warranty coverage, and use system.
- Evaluate for other-work-needed. Enter additional other-work-needed on items not repaired.
- Assist with overseeing correct data entry on all repair orders. Focus on and insure accuracy of all data and codes going into system.
- Collect purchase order information, warranty information and/or customer payment.
- Use good judgment to maintain a safe & organized work environment.
- Accept ownership for accomplishing new & different requests & exploring value added opportunities.
- Apply knowledge and work in accordance with DOT, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other rules and regulations as required.
- Develop and grow position.
- Other duties assigned as business needs require.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience: Previous Service Advisory experience preferred or one year of equivalent experience in a repair facility.
- Skills: Candidates must have good phone skills, people skills and computer skills. Excellent communication both verbal and written, listening skills. Ability to prioritize and multi-task. Able to work with minimal supervision and direction. Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Other: Must have valid driver’s license and be insurable.
- Physical: Requires sitting, typing and 10-key, walking and some stairs. Occasional boxing and lifting. Climbing around heavy duty vehicles
- Environmental: Indoors with occasional outdoor duties. Occasional transport of documents between buildings in seasonal weather conditions. Some noise while visiting other departments.
- Hours: Current shift opening is for Tuesday through Friday 7AM to 3:30PM and Saturday 8AM to 4:30PM. Must be flexible to business operatin hours (Monday through Friday 7AM to 11:30 PM and Saturday 8 AM to 4:30 PM)
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
All offers of employment are made contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check. A motor vehicle records check is also required for positions with driving responsibilities.