Recruiter - Chico/Redding - CA
- 765 East Ave, Chico, CA 95926, USA
At Goodwill Industries® Sacramento Valley & Northern Nevada, Inc. (Goodwill) you’ll hear us say “because of Goodwill” a lot. Often it means, “because of Goodwill I got a hand up” or “because of Goodwill I have a chance.” Our organization is built on a rich history of finding the hidden value and possibility in people and donated goods alike since 1933. Today, we continue to innovate the social enterprise of our founders and lead with our mission to utilize Goodwill resources to help people with disadvantages achieve self-sufficiency in everything we do. This mission is expressed through our retail stores and collection sites which create an accessible shopping experience for all, an environmentally conscious alternative to the landfill, and an employment platform for 2,700 people annually. We go beyond creating jobs alone and provide essential resources to our Family of Nonprofits and regional community partners serving over 350,000 people with disabilities, people experiencing homelessness, veterans, seniors, opportunity youth and children in need every year. That’s over 900,000 life-changing services including job training, emergency shelter for families, resource and referral information, meals, youth advocacy, and mental health counseling. Over 95% of total revenues are dedicated giving back to the communities we serve.
This position will be responsible for full-cycle recruitment for Retail, Operations and assisting with corporate staff and non-profit agencies. The Recruiter partners with Company Management to create effective recruitment strategies and selection processes, including sourcing, screening, hiring events, placement, and on-boarding.
- Collaborates with hiring managers on recruitment efforts for all Retail & Operations positions.
- Builds applicant sources by researching and contacting community services, colleges, employment agencies, recruiters, and internet sites; providing organization information, opportunities, and benefits; making presentations; maintaining rapport.
- Determines applicant requirements by studying job description and job qualifications.
- Attracts applicants by writing and placing job advertisements; contacting recruiters, using job sites and other innovative methods.
- Determines applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants; analyzing responses; verifying references; comparing qualifications to job requirements.
- Maintains relationships with both internal and external clients to ensure staffing goals are achieved.
- Manages job requisition process through applicant tracking system for assigned departments.
- Evaluates applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with managers; interviewing applicants on consistent set of qualifications.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Ability to stay current on the company’s organization structure, personnel policy, and federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
- Accomplishes human resources and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Recruit, develop and implement recruitment strategies to ensure maximum exposure of position vacancies.
- Initiates creative recruiting approaches to generate sufficient application flow.
- Tracks current job openings from hiring managers to staffing levels & Succession Plan to maintain goals.
- Responsible for posting job openings by utilizing appropriate venues.
- Corresponds with job applicants to notify them of opportunities and employment status.
- Conduct interviews to match applicant’s qualifications with the Goodwill’s needs, recording and evaluating applicant experience, education, training and skills.
- Refer pre-screened candidates to supervising managers for follow-up interviews.
- Conducts references.
- Assist with writing and forwarding rejection letters.
- Develops and maintains professional relationships with community partners, colleges, and other placement sources to generate qualified applicants.
- Schedules and attends job talks, job/career fairs as a source to generate qualified applicants.
- Maintains records on recruiting activities
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Preferred: Associates or Bachelor’s degree, or relevant work experience.
- Accepted: 2+ years retail supervisory experience.
- Recruiting experience with a high volume corporate or agency setting.
- Proficient in Windows environment including, MS Word and Excel, Outlook and Internet.
- Prior experience working with an Applicant Tracking System.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Must possess a valid Nevada driver’s license.
- Must pass drug screening and criminal background check.
- No record or disclosure of criminal conviction that indicates a tendency toward theft, violence, dishonesty, deceit, drug use, moral turpitude or predatory behavior in conflict with the functions listed within this job description.
- Must immediately inform Supervisor of any arrests and/or convictions that occur while employed at Goodwill.
- Must provide proof of identification and eligibility to work in the United States.
- Able to perform the duties of the job description with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Job Type: Part-Time
- Compensation (DOE): $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Required work schedule: Monday-Friday (25 hours per week)
- In order to be considered for this position, please apply using the following hyperlink:
- Work is primarily performed in an office environment.
- High adaptability required.
- Travel is required to Job Talks, Job Fairs and other locations as needed.
- Work environments usually hectic (fast-paced) with frequent short deadlines.
Offers of employment may be contingent on satisfactory results of a criminal history background check and drug test.
This organization participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a service that verifies authorization to work in the U.S. through the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the U.S. Department of Social Security (SSA).
Goodwill Industries® of Sacramento Valley & Northern Nevada, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff. Applications are encouraged from all persons regardless of their race, color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical/physical/mental condition, pregnancy/childbirth and related medical condition, age, marital status, veteran status or history of incarceration.