- 540 Central Ave, Johnstown, PA 15902, USA
Goodwill of the Southern Alleghenies (formerly Goodwill Industries of the Conemaugh Valley, incorporated in 1962 in Johnstown,Pennsylvania) is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that empowers people with barriers to employment through workforce services in the counties of Bedford, Blair, Cambria, Huntingdon, Indiana, Somerset, and a portion of Westmoreland, supported by the sale of donated goods in its 10 Goodwill Retail Stores.
Job Purpose: The purpose of this position is to assist the Program Manager by providing individuals with appropriate interview / work clothing. Will assist with data management, clothing collection, and customer service.
The Program Assistant’s responsibilities include:
- Assists with stocking and maintaining the inventory of the PA WORKWEAR area in a neat, clean, orderly, and safe manner. This may include processing donated merchandise and maintaining inventory levels.
- Works with Goodwill Clients with the selection of interview clothing and accessories necessaries.
- Travel is required to community locations to shop, deliver clothing or meet with customers. May drive to surrounding counties.
- Answers incoming telephone calls and provides information, answers questions, takes messages and directs to appropriate personnel.
- Performs clerical duties. Enters data into various sources accurately and timely.
- Compiles informational reports on request.
- High School diploma or GED Required
- This position requires six months of customer service experience.
- Valid driver's license with a satisfactory driving record
- Computer proficiency: Basic computer literacy including Word, Access, and Excel
- Part-time position
- The successful candidate must be able to obtain acceptable results for required background checks, including Act 151 Pennsylvania Child Abuse History, Pennsylvania Criminal History and Department of Human Services- FBI.