- 34 Hutcherson Dr, Gorham, ME 04038, USA
Goodwill Northern New England, a nonprofit social enterprise established in 1933.
For decades, Goodwill Northern New England has delivered workforce development and community inclusion services to people who struggle to find personal stability. Goodwill NNE provides direct employment opportunities through its retail and cleaning businesses in Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont, as well as neuro rehabilitation services, residential programs, and day programming for adults with disabilities or deafness in Maine.
Our core beliefs guide our relationships with program participants, customers, employees – and the earth. We believe in generosity, opportunity, community, sustainability, and transparency. These beliefs guide us as we help people achieve personal stability and thrive as active, independent members in the communities we are all a part of.
Use your computer knowledge to make a difference by administering our Human Resource Information System (HRIS)! As part of the Information Technology team you will have an impact on providing excellent customer support to all agency technology users.
The key job responsibility for all Information Technology employees is to provide excellent customer support to all agency technology users. This employee works with Human Resources & Payroll users to meet their information needs and maintains business databases and reporting.
- Medical, Vision, Dental & Flex Spending offered
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer match
- Paid Short & Long Term Disability
- Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Plan
- 30% Employee discount at all our Stores!
- Discount on personal cell phone plans
- Local community discounts
Salary commensurate with experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with staff of Human Resources and Payroll to understand their information management needs
- Manages HRIS system including electronic employee record keeping
- Administers, tests, and implements HRIS Core databases to meet agency needs
- Plans, coordinates, and implements work flow
- Plans and implements security measures to safeguard information
- Maximizes the use of the HRIS system by being fully knowledgeable on its capabilities, and relaying those capabilities to our organization
- Ensures the appropriate backups of HRIS databases
- Trains, monitors, and guides HRIS module administrators, as well as end users
- Manages non-computer HRIS and works to integrate the two
- Designs, codes, tests, maintains, and distributes well-documented reports using standard programming practices
- Maximizes the use of information management tools and reports by training users in their use
- Plans, communicates, tests and executes software implementations upgrades
- Manages HRIS test database to reduce unforeseen problems
- Follows IT change management procedures for network and database systems
- Provides clear and timely communication to Human Resources, Payroll and Information Technology employees and customers
- Attends and participates in assigned management and planning meetings
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing networks, participating in professional societies
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years’ experience in HRIS database administration
- Associate degree or equivalent experience
- 2-4 years’ experience Ultimate Solutions or similar 3rd party HRIS system
- Experience with SQL databases, Excel, and reporting tools preferred
- Ability to discuss data and reporting in non-technical language
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Criminal background check that meets Agency standards
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.