Retail Shift Supervisor
- 329 Harvest Ln, Williston, VT 05495, USA
Goodwill Northern New England, a nonprofit social enterprise established in 1933.
For decades, Goodwill Northern New England has delivered workforce development and community inclusion services to people who struggle to find personal stability. Goodwill NNE provides direct employment opportunities through its retail and cleaning businesses in Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont, as well as neuro rehabilitation services, residential programs, and day programming for adults with disabilities or deafness in Maine. Our core beliefs guide our relationships with program participants, customers, employees – and the earth. We believe in generosity, opportunity, community, sustainability, and transparency. These beliefs guide us as we help people achieve personal stability and thrive as active, independent members in the communities we are all a part of.
One day you could be thanking donors for their bags of clothing, the next you could be pricing crockpots and placing them on shelves. This way, your work stays interesting.
We want to hire friendly people. That’s pretty much the main requirement of this job. We need people who can be kind, even in challenging situations. If you can be a kind, flexible teammate who is open to ever-changing tasks, we want you on our team!
In addition to employment that is fulfilling, meaningful and supportive, Goodwill employees also receive:
- Medical, Vision, Dental & Flex Spending offered
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer match
- Paid Short & Long Term Disability
- Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off Plan
- 30% Employee discount at Goodwill stores in ME, NH & VT
- Valuable job training with growth potential
- Discount on personal cell phone plans
- Local community discounts
- Paid Holidays
- Assists the Store Manager and the Assistant Store Manager with management retail store operations. Assumes full responsibility for all store operations in the absence of the Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager.
- Represents the Agency in all interactions with other members of the Goodwill community and with the general public, supporting the agency Vision of creating sustainable communities that thrive through the fullest participation of their diverse residents.
- Furthers the organizational commitment to triple bottom line results: integrating social, economic and environmental goals into thinking, planning and actions.
- Help customers locate merchandise, answer questions etc
- Relieve sales associates at peak times
- Listen to customer complaints, examine returned merchandise, and resolve problems
- Stocks shelves, counters, bins and racks with merchandise
- Processes customer sales using a cash register and other equipment
- Receives donations, provides donation receipts and assists donors
- Closes registers: totals/summarizes funds received, endorses checks, prepares bank deposit slip
- Deposits funds at a bank.
- Assists w/performance management and hiring process (documentation, interviewing, reviews, etc.)
- Assists Store Managers w/ general store management/operations
- Open/close store; secures all store premises including building where applicable
- Maintain store premises
- Supervise personnel in absence of Managers
- Valid driver’s license permitting operation of a vehicle with a safe driving record
- Criminal background check that meets Agency standards
- 1+ years of retail experience
- 1+ years of supervisor experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic retail practices and procedures
- The ability to: sit, stand, bend, reach, and lift.
- Ability to push/pull up to fifty (50) pounds.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.