- 215 Virginia St W, Charleston, WV 25302, USA
At Goodwill Industries of Kanawha Valley, Inc., (GIKV) we assist people with disabilities and other vocational disadvantages to achieve full participation and integration into society through the power of work. Be a part of the Goodwill family where we train and lives change!
We envision persons with barriers to employment being able to choose rewarding employment, achieve financial security, and build careers and lives for themselves and their families, thus enriching our communities. We are currently growing and are looking for experienced individuals to support us in this endeavor.
Keeps premises of grounds surrounding the buildings, structures or other commercial or institutional building in clean and orderly condition by performing the following duties:
- Cuts and trims grass and possibly trees, and shovels snow with equipment provided.
- Operates power lawnmowers and other types of machinery and equipment.
- Transports small equipment or tools between Goodwill and work site.
- Sweep and pickup trash on the parking lot and entrances.
- Monitor area grounds and pick up any liter.
- Loads and transports debris, materials, supplies and equipment.
- Washes, cleans, lubricates, adjusts and provides routine maintenance for assigned equipment.
- Maintain janitorial/mowing supplies.
- Spreads sand and salt on icy roads and walkways.
- Assists in special event preparation.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED preferred; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.