Retail Shift Leader
- 2430 W Main St, Norman, OK 73069, USA
Goodwill Industries of Central Oklahoma is seeking individuals with a desire to help us grow our mission. We help people overcome challenges to employment! Working at Goodwill is more than a job. What we do truly makes a difference in the lives of those we serve!
With our community’s donations and contract services we generate the money needed to support our mission programs which provide training and supportive services to individuals who seek greater independence. Additionally Goodwill Industries of Central Oklahoma employs around 1000 employees throughout our region.
Joining our team is a chance to do good for yourself and the community. We invite you to take the first step in making a difference by applying to a position with Goodwill.
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for assisting the store management in daily management responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide excellent customer service and train employees in customer / contributor service skills.
- Maintain attractive store presentation by proper colorization, cleanliness, store layout, signage and displays.
- Assist in preparation of daily reports.
- Open and close cash registers, performing tasks such as counting money, separating charge slips, GC vouchers, balancing cash drawers, and preparing deposits.
- Assist in sales and processing of items.
- Reviews and is familiar with Goodwill Industries of Central OK safety policies, programs and procedures. Adheres to all safety rules, regulations and safety codes, and attends safety training sessions and necessary safety meetings.
- Conducts store monthly safety inspections in conjunction with Store Manager to identify any potential hazards.
- Maintain safety log and coordinates safety drills.
- Punctual & dependable attendance is required.
- Attends training as required.
- Abide by the policies and procedures as set forth by the agency.
- Perform other duties and projects as required by management.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- High School degree or equivalent preferred.
- Prior retail experience or customer service/ relations experience preferred.
- 6 months supervisory experience preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills: able to work well with a wide range of people.
- Good math skills
- Demonstrate dependability through good attendance and adherence to timelines and schedules.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Strong customer service.
- Must be able to stand, twist, bend, kneel and reach for long periods of time (up to 8 hours a day).
- Good finger dexterity and feeling; frequent repetitive motions; talking, hearing, and visual acuity.
- Frequent lifting (up to 50 lbs) with or without accommodations.
- Retail store environment.
- Work schedule includes days, evenings, weekends, holidays and occasional overtime, when approved by manager.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY THROUGH THIS WEBSITE:
APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.OKGOODWILL.ORG/EMPLOYMENT for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer