Retail Sales Associate
- 2525 W Danforth Rd, Edmond, OK 73003, USA
Goodwill Industries of Central Oklahoma is seeking individuals with a desire to help us grow our mission. We help people overcome challenges to employment! Working at Goodwill is more than a job. What we do truly makes a difference in the lives of those we serve!
With our community’s donations and contract services we generate the money needed to support our mission programs which provide training and supportive services to individuals who seek greater independence. Additionally Goodwill Industries of Central Oklahoma employs around 1000 employees throughout our region.
Joining our team is a chance to do good for yourself and the community. We invite you to take the first step in making a difference by applying to a position with Goodwill.
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for providing excellent customer service to shoppers and contributors, and performing a variety of general store duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide excellent customer service to shoppers and contributors Use selling techniques
- Properly distribute items from the back room to the correct areas of the store.
- Clean and straighten items on the floor
- Clean the store, the dressing rooms, and the bathrooms Punctual & dependable attendance
- Abide by the policies and procedures as set forth by management Reviews and is familiar with Goodwill Industries of Central OK safety policies, programs and procedures. Adheres to all safety rules, regulations and safety codes, and attends safety training sessions and necessary safety meetings.
- Perform other duties and projects as required by management.
- Attends training as required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Prior customer service experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Good customer/ contributor service skills. Good organizational skills.
- Demonstrate dependability through good attendance and adherence to timelines and schedules.
- Good decision making skills.
- Basic math skills
- Must be able to stand, twist, bend, kneel and reach for long periods of time (up to 8 hours a day).
- Good finger dexterity and feeling; frequent repetitive motions; talking, hearing, and visual acuity.
- Frequent lifting (up to 50 lbs) with or without accommodations.
- Retail store environment.
- Work schedule may include days, evenings, weekends, holidays and occasional overtime, when approved by manager.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY THROUGH THIS WEBSITE:
APPLY ONLINE AT WWW.OKGOODWILL.ORG/EMPLOYMENT for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer