- 2440 Gordon Smith Dr, Mobile, AL 36617, USA
Goodwill Easter Seals (GES) is a non-profit, United Way partner agency serving 12 counties in the Alabama-Florida Gulf Coast area. The agency provides programs and services to help individuals and families overcome challenges due to disabilities or other barriers that impact economic well-being, self sufficiency and quality of life.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated on the basis of disability.
FACILITY WORKER - (FULL TIME POSITION WITH BENEFITS) needed to perform maintenance duties for Goodwill Easterseals locations.
Online application must be completed on www.gesgc.org - click on Job Opportunities/Join Our Team tab to create an account and submit your application.
1. Ensures World Class customer service by responding to the maintenance needs of the agency in a prompt and friendly manner.
2. Provide maintenance and service for the physical features and structures of the administrative office, stores, donation stations, community centers, child development centers and other sites as needed.
3. Conducts preventative maintenance, on equipment, tools and facilities, monthly.
4. Remodels, refurbishes, constructs and installs store fixtures, racks and boxes, which include painting the interior and exterior of agency property.
5. Operates and performs preventative maintenance on various powered and non-powered hand-tools, including sanders, saws and drills.
6. Pressure washes and cleans windows, as instructed or required.
7. Maintains grounds, such as landscaping, cutting grass, using push lawnmower, weed-eater and edger, as needed.
8. Repairs and/or replaces fluorescent and incandescent light fixtures and ballasts as needed.
9. Minimizes accidents and Workers Compensation claims by making sure that safety and accident reporting standards are followed and preventive measures are taken.
10. Regular attendance is required as outlined in Goodwill Easter Seals’ attendance policy.
11. Maintains GES standards for image including wearing a clean neat uniform and name badge.
12. Upholds the mission, vision and values of the agency and adheres to standards for conduct and professionalism.
13. Other duties as assigned
Skills, knowledge and abilities: (these are required to enable job holder to perform the essential functions of the job).
1. Must be able to interact cordially and productively with a variety of people.
2. Must be able to market Goodwill Easter Seals and explain the mission to the general public.
3. Must possess good organizational and time management skills.
4. Must be able to take initiative, make decisions and work independently, with little supervision.
5. Must establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisor, employees and co-workers.
6. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends and occasionally hours in excess of 40 per week.
7. Ability to function in a hectic work environment with occasional periods of high stress.
8. Ability to use and make minor repairs on lawn care and janitorial equipment, i.e., buffers, polisher and shampooers.
9. Ability to identify mechanical and electrical problem and probable solutions
10. Ability to read and understand repair manuals, blue prints and equipment operating instructions
11. Ability to follow directions and make measurements exactly
12. Ability to do math accurately, to measure ingredients or estimate quantities
13. Must have a valid drivers’ license for at least 3 years, access to a personal vehicle with liability automobile insurance and be insurable through the agency’s insurance carrier in order to drive an agency vehicle.
14. Must pass a drug screen, including random drug testing as required by the Drug Free Workplace policy.
15. Must be at least 21 years of age.
Experience and Education Requirements:
• High School diploma or GED preferred but not required.
• 2-3 years of maintenance experience required.
• Must be able to lift and carry heavy items, such as ladders and pots, weighing up to 50 lbs. frequently, and up to 100 lbs. occasionally.
• Must be able to withstand heat, cold and humidity.
• Must be able to able to stand for long periods of time.
• Must be able to engage in frequent bending, stooping, stretching and twisting.
• Must be able to push a lawnmower.
• Must be able to work at extreme heights
Exposure to fumes, chemicals, dust and extreme weather conditions (heat, cold, rain). Frequent travel is required throughout the Gulf Coast area.
To apply for this position, you must have a Goodwill Easterseals application account with us and complete our online application at https://www.gesgc.org/employment/ Click the JOIN OUR TEAM tab to begin exploring career opportunities with us!
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Human Resources at 251-471-1581.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Application must be completed and submitted online at www.gesgc.org. Click on JOIN OUR TEAM tab to be considered for the position.