Truck Driver/Recycle Tech
- HITT ROAD, Mobile, AL, United States
Goodwill Easter Seals (GES) is a non-profit, United Way partner agency serving 12 counties in the Alabama-Florida Gulf Coast area. The agency provides programs and services to help individuals and families overcome challenges due to disabilities or other barriers that impact economic well-being, self sufficiency and quality of life.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated on the basis of disability.
Recycle Tech/Truck Driver for the West Mobile Recycling Center. Part-Time Position - 20 -25 hours per week. HOURS VARY BETWEEN 8AM - 4PM (typically 4 hour shifts) Two shifts in the warehouse ($9.00/hr) and two driving shifts ($13.00/hr). Weekend shifts required.
To apply for this position, you must go to the Goodwill Easterseals website www.gesgc.org to create an account and submit an online application account. GO to www.gesgc.org then Click the JOIN OUR TEAM tab to begin exploring career opportunities with us!
Responsible for collecting, sorting, packaging, baling, and/or storing recyclable material including but not limited to paper, plastic, cardboard, scrap metal and electronic materials. Also responsible for recycling pick ups from area partners and businesses.
1. Ensures World Class Customer Service by greeting donors with a smile and in a friendly manner at donors’ vehicle within 10 seconds of their arrival.
2. Maintains GES standards for image including wearing a clean neat uniform and name badge.
3. Ensures a clean, safe, and clutter free center, inside and outside.
4. Keeps the donation area organized and hazard free, using authorized containers.
5. Offers assistance with unloading recycling materials from the donor’s vehicle, and offers guidance in the “pre-sort” process.
6. Efficiently handles recyclable material according to established procedures.
a. Puts material into the proper bins (plastics, metal, glass, paper, etc).
b. Removes incompatible items from sort stream.
c. Operates forklift, balers, glass crushers, can desifier, sorting table, and other processing equipment as needed.
d. Esures that materials are weighed and accurately recorded as they are processed.
7. Ensures bales, gaylords, or pallets are properly and securely prepared for transport.
8. Drives a 20', 24' or 26' van body in a safe and efficient manner, complying with all state, federal and local driving laws.
9. Collects, transports, unloads, and weighs materials collected by local partners with appropriate agency vehicles.
10. Monitors and services truck for proper operation, informing the recycle center manager of necessary repairs or safety hazards.
11. Monitors first aid supplies and other truck equipment needed and notifies the Recycle Center Manager.
12. Keeps proper equipment in truck, as outlined in the transportation manual.
13. Minimizes accidents and Workers Compensation claims by making sure that safety and accident reporting standards are followed and preventive measures are taken. Reports any safety problems to supervisor immediately.
14. Assists with other recycling projects as needed.
15. Opens and closes the facility as needed as back up to the night/weekend supervisor.
16. Upholds the mission, vision and values of the agency and adheres to standards for conduct and professionalism.
17. Other duties as assigned.
Skills, knowledge and abilities: (these are required to enable job holder to perform the essential functions of the job).
1. Must pass a DOT physical, background check and drug screen and to be bonded.
2. Must be able to interact cordially and productively with a variety of people.
3. Must be able to market Goodwill Easter Seals and explain the mission to the general public.
4. Must be able to read, write and communicate clearly in English.
5. Must establish and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisor, co-workers, volunteers, program participants and community partners.
6. Must be able to work a flexible schedule based upon business needs.
7. Must be able to work weekends.
8. Ability to function in a hectic work environment with occasional periods of high stress.
9. Must be able to drive a manual shift.
10. Must be able to see and read street signs and signals.
11. Must have a valid driver’s license for at least 3 years, must be 21 years of age and be insurable through the agency’s insurance carrier.
12. Must pass a drug screen, including random drug testing as required by the Drug Free Workplace policy.
13. Must be able or willing to learn how to operate a forklift in a safe manner.
14. Must be able to safely operate baling, densifying, crushing, and sorting machines
Experience and Education Requirements:
1. Ability to drive manual transmission vehicle is required.
1. Must be able to push, bend and reach.
2. Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs on a regular basis
3. Must be able to engage in prolonged standing and must be able to engage in prolonged sitting while in a moving vehicle.
4. Must be able to tolerate dust and excessive noise.
Work is in a warehouse setting with exposure to extreme temperatures at times. Exposure to dust and noise from machinery. Masks and ear protection may be required. May be subjected to the usual hazards of highway driving.
To apply for this position, you must have a Goodwill Easterseals application account with us and complete our online application at www.gesgc.org. Click the JOIN OUR TEAM tab to begin exploring career opportunities with us!
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Human Resources at 251-471-1581.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
VEVRAA Federal Contractor - GES requests for priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings.