Program Impact & Effectiveness Manager
- Asia regional office in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, or Pacific regional office in Suva, Fiji, Asia regional office in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, or Pacific regional office in Suva, Fiji, Cambodia
ABOUT GOOD RETURN
Good Return's mission is to enable those living in poverty to achieve economic empowerment through responsible financial inclusion and capability development. We do this by engaging with partners across the Asia Pacific, where two-thirds of the world’s poor live. We help them deliver better financial services and economic opportunities to those living in poverty.
Our work focuses on promoting responsible inclusive finance, building financial capability & consumer empowerment, and providing access to credit through our micro lending platform and impact investment programming to support SMEs in the agricultural sector.
Good Return is the registered business name of World Education Australia, an Australian Aid accredited agency and member of the Australian Council for International Development (ACFID). We hold Australia Financial Services License granted by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission. Visit www.goodreturn.org.au for more information.
ABOUT OUR PARTNERS
We have been working in partnership with various Financial Service Providers across the Asia Pacific Region since 2010. Our current partners are located in Cambodia, Nepal, Laos, Philippines, Myanmar, Solomon Islands, Fiji, Tonga, Nauru & Samoa.
Our partnerships are based on a shared mission to provide responsible and inclusive financial services to people living in poverty as well as build the financial capability of consumers.
Our microfinance partners are committed to improving their social performance management systems, which includes implementing the seven client protection principles. For more information Social Performance Management & Client Protection:
Please visit our website (www.goodreturn.org.au) for further information on our partners.
Scope of position
The Program Impact & Effectiveness Manager is working across the Program team (30+ staff in 10+ countries) to ensure an efficient and effective implementation of Good Return’s programs.
More specifically, they are responsible for developing and implementing the impact measurement strategy, as well as developing, improving and implementing impact, learning and quality processes and tools, at an organisational and program level.
MEL work: They build team and partner capacity to implement strong impact measurement systems with a focus on learning, improvement and increasing impact. They promote and ensure the use of data for decision-making, and strengthen the capacity of team members and partners to do so as well. They also work closely with implementing teams to ensure strong MEL processes are in place and effective and ethical processes are followed, and to analyse and present data gathered across all program areas.
Program Management work: They also support Program Managers in the development and implementation of their strategy and program follow up, especially ensuring full compliance with the Program Manual.
This role would be right for someone with the ability both to see the big strategic picture at an organisational level, whilst also being able to be in the detail and support teams with direct implementation of MEL activities and compliance to processes at the field level. We have done an extensive amount of organisational development in the past few years: your job will be to continue to build on and implement this, whilst also having the scope to develop your own ideas and innovations.
1. Develop and strengthen monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) strategy for programs
- Continue to develop and implement organisational and program MEL strategy and approach
- Maintain and adapt organisational MEL processes to maximum efficiency and effectiveness
- Coordinate MEL reporting both internally and externally
- Work with the Program Director and Program Managers to ensure data is used effectively and to support the strategic development of programs
- Strong MEL system and strategy in place and applied, and refined as needed
- Data is being used effectively for strategic decision making
2. Implement strong MEL & Program Processes in collaboration with Program Team
- Ensure strong and clear MEL processes and Program processes are in place for all programs and effectively implemented
- Support team to run effective MEL & Program processes in collaboration with partners
- Clean and analyse selected data to support reporting and learning
- Ensure production of high quality reports in collaboration with Program Teams
- Ensure deep reflection and critical appraisal of programs and projects with a focus on improvement and development
- Review and update Organisational and Program Theories of Change, MEL processes and Program processes at appropriate times
- 100% of required MEL reports produced with a high quality
- All projects are 100% compliant with the Program Manual
- High satisfaction of the Program team with MEL and Program processes
3. Internal Capacity Building and Support
- Build internal team capacity in monitoring & evaluation and project management, and ensure active learning
- Contribute to Program Development, grant applications and proposals
- Ensure high program quality through strong team compliance with internal processes and ACFID and DFAT requirements, with the support of Program Compliance and Quality Specialist.
- MEL trainings and capacity building exercises for Program Team are held
- Direct Reports are effectively supported
- Grant proposals have strong MEL components included
- A passion for financial inclusion and the work Good Return do
- Experience in developing impact measurement strategies and approaches at an organisational level
- Experience in developing and updating organisational systems, and a passion for developing and implementing effective and efficient processes
- Experience in impact measurement, monitoring, evaluation and learning, preferably in an NGO and international context
- Experience working cross culturally and effective communication - you will be working with people from a wide range of cultural backgrounds and you need to be able to adapt to different working styles and ensure everyone is treated with respect
- People oriented, enjoying supporting others toward team achievements
- Facilitation and training skills
- Ability to work independently and work effectively with remote teams
- Experience in data analysis with Google Data Studio would be an advantage
- Familiarity with social inclusion issues as applied in designing impact measurement processes
- Previous experience the microfinance of financial sector, financial inclusion space, or impact investment would be desirable
Preference: Asia regional office in Phnom Penh, Cambodia, or Pacific regional office in Suva, Fiji
Possible: Good Return head office, Sydney, Australia or Remote work from South-East Asia, the Pacific or Australia
How to apply:
Applications can be submitted by selecting the 'I'm interested' link below.
Applicants should provide their Cover Letter and CV addressing how they meet the criteria for the position. Cover Letters can be written in the message section or uploaded together with a CV file.
Please indicate how you heard about this position.
Enquiries can be directed via the Good Return website https://goodreturn.org.au/contact/
Applications close: Please apply as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed continually.
- Good Return is an inclusive organisation. We strive to build a team that truly represents our diverse society and those of the Asia-Pacific communities we operate in. We actively encourage all applicants, regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, disability and sexuality, to apply. If you require adjustments to the recruitment or interview process to accommodate your specific needs, let us know and we will try to provide them.
- Good Return is a child safe organisation. Our recruitment processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children from abuse; successful candidates will need to comply by our Child Protection Policy and undergo pre-employment checks.