Nauru Project Manager
- Head Office, Remote or Nauru-based, TBC, Nauru
Good Return is an innovative social enterprise whose mission is to enable those living in poverty to achieve economic empowerment through responsible financial inclusion and capability development. We do this by engaging with partners across the Asia Pacific, where two-thirds of the world’s poor live. We help them deliver better financial services and economic opportunities to those living in poverty.
Our work focuses on promoting responsible inclusive finance, building financial capability & consumer empowerment, and generating impact investment for 'missing middle' small to medium enterprises. We also deliver interest free loan capital raised from the Australian public. Together these powerful tools empower people to create lasting change for themselves.
Good Return is an initiative of World Education Australia (www.worlded.org.au), an Australian Aid accredited agency and member of the Australian Council for International Development (ACFID). We currently run programs in Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Nepal, Philippines, Solomon Islands and Tonga. Our main office is in Crows Nest, NSW Australia and our Program Team operates across our program countries.
Good Return has no religious affiliations. Visit www.goodreturn.org.au for more information.
The role of the Good Return Nauru Project Manager is to ensure the successful delivery of the ADB Strengthening Financial Inclusion and Financial Sector Development Project. Namely, supporting local and international team members to collaborate effectively, managing project deliverables according to budget and work plan, and providing implementation support. Key activities include working with local partners to conduct a demand side survey into consumers’ use of financial products and services, as well as to design and implement a community financial capability training program. In doing so, the Nauru Project Manager will work with Good Return team members (particularly technical specialists in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, Responsible Inclusive Finance and Training Design) to build partner agencies’ internal capacity to deliver community training projects.
1. Project Management and Implementation Support (60%)
- Develop and maintain work plan and budget, in accordance with Good Return’s Program Manual
- Manage project staff and activities according to work plan and budget
- Directly support project implementation activities (e.g. co-conducting focus group discussions as part of Learner Needs & Resources Assessment, co-delivery of Training of Coaches, etc.)
- Monitor and report on project activities and budget expenditure
- Escalate issues to the Pacific Regional Manager as required
- Work alongside Technical Leads and Specialists to build depth of technical expertise of local partners through project implementation
- Promote awareness, understanding and adoption of Good Return’s Program Manual among the project team.
- Project delivered according to work plan and budget (i.e. acquittals for new projects remain within 10% of budget)
- On time reporting of project monitoring and project performance as per the Program Manual
- Individual and team compliance with the Program Manual
- Evidence of improvement in the capacity of local partners
2. Financial Capability Community Training Program (40%) - Under the guidance of Pacific Regional Manager, and with the support of the team:
- Develop the project inception report
- Review periodic project progress reports and provide regular updates to Program Team and external stakeholders.
- Ensure completion of all project reports and provide support to the development of project reports as required, including the demand side survey report, Learner Needs & Resources Assessment report, and final project report.
- Develop knowledge pieces and other external communications materials as requested.
- Participate in ADB knowledge sharing events as required.
- On time reporting of project progress, including regular stakeholder engagement
- On time delivery of all project reports, including the demand side survey report, Learner Needs & Resources Assessment report, and final project report
- Project reports accepted by ADB
- Delivery of knowledge pieces and/or participation in ADB knowledge sharing events, as required
- Appropriate bachelor qualification and 7+ years relevant experience within the educational/training and/or financial inclusion sectors
- Strong track record in project management and stakeholder engagement, preferably in Pacific contexts
- Strong track record in managing remote/international teams
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written, in English
- Understanding of Pacific context for finance, business, local customs and community outreach and awareness building
- Ability to work effectively under remote guidance
- Appropriate Masters qualification (e.g. international development, economics/finance, education/adult learning, financial inclusion)
- Nauruan language skills
- Understanding of local Nauruan context for finance, business, local customs and community outreach and awareness building
- Strong track record in project management and stakeholder engagement in Nauru
- Experience delivering ADB projects and/or consulting assignments
How to apply:
Applications can be submitted by selecting the 'I'm interested' link below.
Applicants should provide their Cover Letter and CV addressing how they meet the criteria for the position. Cover Letters can be written in the message section or uploaded together with a CV file.
Please indicate how you heard about this position.
Enquiries can be directed via the Good Return website https://goodreturn.org.au/contact/
Applications close: 5:00pm on Monday 18th November 2019. The position may be filled sooner, however, so please apply as soon as possible.
Good Return is an inclusive organisation. In our recruitment activities we strive to build a diverse team that represents our society and the communities that we operate in - in terms of gender, age, disability, ethnicity, culture and sexuality.
Good Return is a child safe organisation. The successful candidate will be required to comply with our child protection policy and will be subject to pre-hire checks.