Nauru Project Coordinator
- TBC, TBC, Nauru
Good Return is an innovative social enterprise whose mission is to enable those living in poverty to achieve economic empowerment through responsible financial inclusion and capability development. We do this by engaging with partners across the Asia Pacific, where two-thirds of the world’s poor live. We help them deliver better financial services and economic opportunities to those living in poverty.
Our work focuses on promoting responsible inclusive finance, building financial capability & consumer empowerment, and generating impact investment for 'missing middle' small to medium enterprises. We also deliver interest free loan capital raised from the Australian public. Together these powerful tools empower people to create lasting change for themselves.
Good Return is an initiative of World Education Australia (www.worlded.org.au), an Australian Aid accredited agency and member of the Australian Council for International Development (ACFID). We currently run programs in Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Nepal, Philippines, Solomon Islands and Tonga. Our main office is in Crows Nest, NSW Australia and our Program Team operates across our program countries.
Good Return has no religious affiliations. Visit www.goodreturn.org.au for more information.
The role of the Good Return Nauru Project Coordinator is to provide coordination and implementation support to the ADB Strengthening Financial Inclusion and Financial Sector Development Project. Namely, supporting local partners in the implementation of a demand side survey into consumers’ use of financial products and services, as well as the design and implementation of a community financial capability training program. In doing so, the Nauru Project Coordinator will coordinate with Good Return team members (particularly technical specialists in Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning, as well as Training Design) to build partner agencies’ internal capacity to deliver community training projects.
1. Demand side survey (35%)
- Provide in-country and on-the-ground support and advice to Good Return staff, local partners, and project consultants.
- Provide coordination and logistical support to the implementation of the demand side survey, under the guidance of the MEL Specialist and Nauru Project Manager.
- Participate in ADB knowledge sharing events as required.
- Staff, local partners and project consultants report high satisfaction with local coordination of project activities
- Demand side survey implemented on time and according to work plan
2. Financial Capability Community Training Program (40%)
- Coordinate and support needs assessments and field research activities.
- Coordinate and support implementation of financial capability community training program (e.g. training of coaches, supporting implementing partners, etc.).
- Coordinate and support field level monitoring and evaluation activities in coordination with the Nauru Project Manager and MEL Specialist.
- Coordinate and support stakeholder management (e.g. partner reporting, donor project reporting, meetings to brief stakeholders on project progress/outcomes).
- Support the capacity building of local partners, as required.
- Proactive and timely coordination support to project design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation activities, including stakeholder engagement and support, field travel scheduling and translation support (in compliance with Good Return’s Program Manual)
- On time contribution to stakeholder management activities (including stakeholder updates)
- Evidence of improvement in the capacity of local partners
3. Reporting (25%): Under the guidance of Nauru Project Manager, and with the support of the team:
- Write periodic project progress reports and provide updates to stakeholders as requested.
- Significant contributions to project reporting, including the demand side survey report, Learner Needs & Resources Assessment report, and final project report.
- On time reporting of project progress
- On time contributions to project report writing, including the demand side survey report, Learner Needs & Resources Assessment report, and final project report
- Project reports accepted by ADB
- Appropriate bachelor qualification (or above) and 5+ years relevant experience within the educational/training and/or financial inclusion sectors
- Strong track record in project coordination, preferably in Nauruan and/or Pacific contexts
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Fluency in Nauruan language and able to provide translation support
- Understanding of local Nauruan context for finance, business, local customs and community outreach and awareness building
- Ability and comfortable to work autonomously, under remote guidance.
How to apply:
Applications can be submitted by selecting the 'I'm interested' link below.
Applicants should provide their Cover Letter and CV addressing how they meet the criteria for the position. Cover Letters can be written in the message section or uploaded together with a CV file.
Please indicate how you heard about this position.
Enquiries can be directed via the Good Return website https://goodreturn.org.au/contact/
Applications close: 5:00pm on Monday 18th November 2019. The position may be filled sooner, however, so please apply as soon as possible.
Good Return is an inclusive organisation. In our recruitment activities we strive to build a diverse team that represents our society and the communities that we operate in - in terms of gender, age, disability, ethnicity, culture and sexuality.
Good Return is a child safe organisation. The successful candidate will be required to comply with our child protection policy and will be subject to pre-hire checks.