Impact Investment Research Assistant Volunteer
- 174 Willoughby Rd, Crows Nest NSW 2065, Australia
ABOUT GOOD RETURN
Good Return’s mission is to enable those living in poverty to achieve economic empowerment. We do this by working in partnerships that innovate and strengthen financial services and provide economic opportunities for those living in poverty across the Asia Pacific Region.
Our work focuses on promoting responsible inclusive finance, building financial capability & consumer empowerment, and developing smallholder agribusiness solutions. We also deliver interest free loan capital raised from the Australian public. Together these powerful tools empower people to create lasting change for themselves.
Good Return is an initiative of World Education Australia, an international development agency accredited by Australian Aid and a member of the Australian Council for International Development (ACFID). Good Return has no religious affiliations. Visit www.goodreturn.org.au for more information.
Good Return's mission is to enable those living in poverty to achieve economic empowerment through responsible financial inclusion and capability development. We do this by engaging with partners across the Asia Pacific, where two-thirds of the world’s poor live. We help them deliver better financial services and economic opportunities to those living in poverty.
Our work focuses on promoting responsible inclusive finance, building financial capability & consumer empowerment, and impact investment in the Asia Pacific region.
We seek an intelligent and passionate impact investment volunteer (the “Volunteer”) to provide support on projects related to investment and fund management.
- Conduct research / literature reviews to support projects and proposals
- Develop spreadsheets and database to support project activities
- Support team in pursuit of investment opportunities
- Research investment opportunities as needed to support investment decisions
- Assist with data entry for financial models
- Schedule/attend meetings, and tracking meeting follow-ups
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and analysis
- Assist with record keeping, the drafting and implementation of administrative policies, snd expense tracking and payment processing
- Support ongoing impact investment program
- Ad-hoc tasks as required that will contribute to efficient and successful running of the program
REQUIRED SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
- Be working towards a related banking & finance, commerce or a related discipline
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite or the equivalent (word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Be self-starters and have the ability to work under pressure and manage and prioritise tasks effectively
- Passion in poverty alleviation in the Asia Pacific region
- Have a laptop
- Full working rights in Australia (Australian citizen or permanent residency).
- Subject to working with children check
- Available to volunteer for 12-15 hours per week. (This is flexible - One day working from home and another day working from the office)
How to apply: Applications can be submitted by selecting the 'I'm interested' link below.
Applicants should provide a CV and a cover letter that addresses the selection criteria listed in the full position description, along with your phone and Skype contact details. Cover letters can be included in the messages section or uploaded together with a CV file.
Applications closing date: Please apply as soon as possible.
Note: Good Return is an inclusive organisation. In our recruitment activities we strive to build a diverse team that represents our society and the communities that we operate in - in terms of gender, age, disability, ethnicity, culture and sexuality.
Good Return is a child safe organisation. The successful candidate will be required to comply with our child protection policy and will be subject to pre-hire checks.