- Level 1, 174 Willoughby Road, Crows Nest, NSW, au
About Good Return
Good Return's mission is to enable those living in poverty to achieve economic empowerment through responsible financial inclusion and capability development. We do this by engaging with partners across the Asia Pacific, where two-thirds of the world’s poor live. We help them deliver better financial services and economic opportunities to those living in poverty.
Our work focuses on promoting responsible inclusive finance, building financial capability & consumer empowerment, and developing smallholder agribusiness solutions. We also deliver interest free loan capital raised from the Australian public. Together these powerful tools empower people to create lasting change for themselves.
Good Return is the registered business name of World Education Australia, an Australian Aid accredited agency and member of the Australian Council for International Development (ACFID). Visit www.goodreturn.org.au for more information.
Are you a technology professional with strong systems admin and project management experience looking to apply your skills to create a better world? We are on a mission to end poverty, and we need an IT all-rounder to help us effectively leverage technology in all aspects of our operations - in Sydney and overseas.
Good Return is seeking a strong technical person, who will use their technical expertise to oversee our IT infrastructure, hardware and core business systems, including managing vendor relationships and providing IT management and systems admin support to internal teams in Australia and overseas.
- Development and maintenance of IT strategy
- Management of IT service vendors
- Management of office IT infrastructure (computers, software, internet, security)
- Systems admin support to internal teams
- Project management of IT development / procurement / evaluation
- IT consultancy to design of field projects
1. Development and maintenance of IT strategy and guidelines
- Design and maintain GR technology strategy with relevant stakeholders, spanning programs, finance, HR, operations, marketing & fundraising
- Develop and maintain GR technology guidelines and ensure team adoption
KPI: Good Return Technology Strategy drafted/updated annually by 31 May each year
2. Management of IT service vendors
- Manage or support other team members (as designated) to manage IT service vendors to achieve timely and effective delivery of services (refer Annex 1 for list of vendors)
KPI: Services provided per service agreement
3. Management of office IT infrastructure
- Maintain computer and communications systems to ensure efficient operations by all team members
- Maintain inventory of all hardware and software (including license details)
KPI: Team rate performance of infrastructure as good
4. Systems admin support to internal teams
- Support internal stakeholders to administer their IT systems (refer Annex 1), providing coaching and technical guidance as required
KPI: Team rate quality of support as good
5. Project management of IT development / procurement / evaluation
Based on functional requirements specifications from internal stakeholders, define specific IT requirements, identify and evaluate providers, and project manage development of IT solutions as required
KPI: New or enhanced systems delivered per specifications, time and budget
6. IT consultancy to field projects
Work with the Program Team to identify opportunities for improved use of IT within program activities, supporting project proposals and implementation as required
KPI: Program team stakeholders rate performance as good
REQUIRED SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
- Strong systems administration experience across a range of systems
- Strong track record in project management, including scoping, planning and managing software implementation to time and budget
- Proven ability to diagnose hardware and software issues and identify and implement remedies
- Experience managing security of Cloud based systems
- Ability to work autonomously
- A strategic thinker with demonstrated ability to ideate solutions together with stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills
- A commitment to Good Return’s vision of a world without poverty
- Willingness and interest in spending some time working in developing countries in the Asia-Pacific region
- Square Space
- Employment Hero/or similar
- Smart Recruiters
- Quickbooks Online
- Talent LMS
- Money tracker app
Relevant IT qualifications/certifications and 7+ years relevant experience within the IT sector
How to apply:
Applications can be submitted by selecting the 'I'm interested' link below.
Applicants should provide a CV and a cover letter that addresses the selection criteria listed in the full position description, along with your phone and Skype contact details. Cover letters can be included in the messages section or uploaded together with a CV file.
Applications closing date: Please apply as soon as possible.
Note: Good Return is a child safe organisation. The successful candidate will be required to comply with our child protection policy and will be subject to pre-hire checks.