Social Service Assistant
- 5520 Bridgeport Way W, University Place, WA 98467, USA
- Department: Social Services
- Facility: University Place
Arcadia Medical Resort of University Place is growing in Washington and hiring immediately for a Social Services Assistant. We are offering competitive wages and benefits.
The Social Services Assistant is responsible for assisting the Social Service Director (SSD) in the planning, organizing, implementing, evaluating and directing of the Social Services Department in accordance with current existing federal, state and local standards, as well as established facility policies and procedures, to ensure that the medically related emotional and social needs of the patient/resident are met/maintained on an individual basis.
Social Services Assistant Primary Responsibilities:
1. Assists SSD in the planning, developing, and implementing of the social service program of the facility.
2. Meets, when required by SSD, with administration, medical and nursing staff, and other related departments in planning social services.
3. Develops and maintains a good working rapport with intra-department personnel.
4. Assists the SSD to develop, administer, and coordinate department policies and procedures.
5. Keeps abreast of current federal and state regulations and makes recommendations for changes in facility policies and procedures.
6. Assists SSD to develop and implement policies for identifying the medically related social and emotional needs of the resident.
7. Participates in community planning related to the interests of the facility and needs of the residents and family.
8. Participates in resident assessments, development and implementation of social care plans and discharge planning.
9. Interview patients, residents, family as necessary in private setting, when required by SSD.
10. Assist in arranging transportation to other facilities when necessary.
11. Provides information to patient/resident/families regarding Medicare/Medicaid and other financial assistance programs available.
Social Services Assistant Qualifications:
1. Educational and licensure requirements are based on facility, location, and state regulations.
2. Must have at least one year experience in a hospital, skilled nursing facility or other related medical facility.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.