+ Respiratory Therapist, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, MD
- 8901 Wisconsin Ave, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Godwin Corporation provides experienced and committed health care personnel and related health care services to the federal government and private industry. EEO www.godwincorp.com Godwin Corporation - providing services for the military and their families since 1987!
Outstanding Respiratory Therapist, RT Opportunity, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC), Bethesda, MD
Come Join Our Team of exceptional health care providers at WRNMMC and experience the immense pride others have discovered in caring for Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans!
* Elevate your career by applying for our Respiratory Therapist, RT opportunity in support of Keesler AFB!
* Excellent Compensation & Comprehensive Benefits!
* Full Time Position Days, Monday-Friday!
* NO Weekends! NO Holidays! NO Call!
* PTO! & 10 Paid Federal Holidays!
* Malpractice Insurance Provided!
POSITION SUMMARY: The primary purpose of this position is to provide services necessary for completion of the “Post-Deployment Lung Disease Study”, in accordance with industrial best practices applicable to Department of Defense guidance and in accordance with their requisite licensure. The quality of care provided by the RT shall be of a quality meeting or exceeding currently recognized national standards as established by the Joint Commission (JC). RTs shall give the highest regard to patient dignity and observe the precepts of the American Hospital Association’s Bill of Rights for Patients. The RT shall abide by WRNMMC rules, regulations and by laws, including Medical Staff by Laws, as well as applicable DOD regulations governing such things as medical records.
SPECIFIC DUTIES/TASKS THE RT SHALL PERFORM BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
* Perform testing processes and records and analyzes results.
* Execute the routine functions of pulmonary function testing and administrative oversight of the projects to ensure that they are executed successfully.
* Maintain organized records and documentation for the administration, budget, and execution requirements of the studies, respond quickly to unanticipated mission requirements and accurately collect and file data.
* Assist the Research Coordinator responsible for the initial set-up and close-out of files and databases, collection and data entry, and on-going organization and maintenance of all research study records and data in a computerized format.
* Setup, calibrate and perform a variety of pulmonary function testing studies to include but not limited to spirometry, post-bronchodilator testing, full pulmonary function testing with body plethysmography and diffusion capacity, impulse oscillometry, exhaled nitric oxide testing, cardiopulmonary exercise testing with expired gas analysis, methacholine challenge testing, exercise spirometry, and laryngoscopy.
* Assist with study-related procedures done in the Pulmonary Clinic, to include patient preparation and monitoring during pre and post bronchoscopy.
* Contact patients for entry in the ‘Lung Function Testing in Service Members Serving in Iraq and Afghanistan and Returning with Respiratory Complaints study’ and coordinate appointments for the study.
* Assist the principal investigator and associate investigators with preparation and storage of study samples.
* Locate and enter patient data into a spreadsheet.
* Review outpatient records to collect and store data into applicable spreadsheet.
* Evaluate patient’s studies in pulmonary clinic during screening, study, and follow-up examinations.
* Assist with data files and manage entry of all data, maintain an updated and organized literature library, on-going communication with the research team to maximize study objectives as well as the collection of data at required study points per study protocol.
* Assist with data analysis and the interpretation of study findings, communicating with the research team concerning the study via email, team meetings, and phone contact and assist the study investigators in completing the supported project.
* Education/Training: 1) Should have an associate’s degree or equivalent. 2) Shall have completed accredited training in Respiratory Therapy.
* Licensure: Shall have a valid state Respiratory Therapy License.
* Certification: 1) Shall have a Certified Respiratory Technician (CRT) credential. 2) Maintain current certification in American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers.
* Experience: 1) Shall have a minimum of two (2) years previous experience in assisting with pulmonary research and familiarity with associated research regulations.. 2) Shall have knowledge of and experience with planning and conducting human subject research and database research. 3) Shall be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the pulmonary field.
* Additional Required Knowledge & Experience: 1) Shall be able to work well independently, rely on own experience and judgment, identify work priorities and have excellent communication and time management skills to accomplish study tasks and meet protocol timelines. 2) Shall have computer skills to include proficiency with Windows/Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Word programs. 3) Shall have familiarity with the military outpatient records AHLTA database. 4) Should have knowledge of the DoD Health Care System. 5) Shall have fluency in spoken and written English.
* Must be a U.S citizen and have the ability to pass a background check/security clearance.
STAFFING & SCHEDULING:
* The RT shall provide services at WRNMMC, Department of Pulmonary/Sleep and Critical Care Medicine, Monday through Friday between the hours of 0730 to 1600. Each RT shall normally be assigned an 8.5 hour shift to include a 0.5 hour uncompensated lunch break.