+ Registered Nurse, RN Internal Medicine Clinic, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, MD
- 8901 Wisconsin Ave, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Godwin Corporation provides experienced and committed health care personnel and related health care services to the federal government and private industry. EEO www.godwincorp.com
Outstanding Registered Nurse, RN Internal Medicine Clinic Opportunity at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC), Bethesda, MD
Come Join Our Team of exceptional health care providers at WRNMMC and experience the immense pride others have discovered in caring for Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans!
* Elevate your career by applying for our RN Internal Medicine Clinic opportunity at WRNMMC!
* Excellent Compensation & Comprehensive Benefits!
* Full Time Position Days, Monday-Friday!
* NO Weekends! NO Call!
* PTO! & 10 Paid Federal Holidays!
* Malpractice Insurance Provided!
POSITION SUMMARY : Internal Medicine Clinic RNs function as leaders within medical home teams and should be competent to guide and advise other team members to disposition phone and e-mail messages and other clinical and administrative issues as they arise in accordance with clinic standard operating procedures and with sound clinical judgement.
SPECIFIC DUTIES/TASKS THE RN SHALL PERFORM BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
* Coordinate patient care through a continuum and facilitate the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to care, quality and cost effectiveness.
* Maintain excellent patient assessment skills. Use the nursing process as a basis for professional practice. The contracted RN will demonstrate proper preparation of patient’s for treatments and procedures, to include surgical interventions. Must be able to assess and triage patients independently within the scope of nursing practice.
* Perform/assist with clinic specific procedures, in accordance with established policies, and guideline used in the MTF and IAW JC guidelines. Supervise all CONTRACTOR paraprofessionals necessary in the care and treatment of the patient.
* Skill in setting up, operating and monitoring specialized medical equipment such as IV infusion pumps, cardiac monitoring devices, EKG units, oxygen analyzers, nebulizers and other clinic specific equipment.
* Excellent oral communication and written skills for patient/family education. Prescribes and communicates treatment plans in accordance with established clinic protocols a d provider direction. Telephone and in-person assessment/evaluation includes the determination of optimal time and location for patient management (ER, clinic, homecare) and follow-up care as required. Collects and assesses significant patient history information and performs all necessary patient teaching
* Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent, including dosage calculations as required. Will be knowledgeable in administrative requirements for the documentation of patient's condition, progress and acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care. . RN is expected to look up and learn about medications to be given with which he/she is unfamiliar prior to administration.
* Demonstrate excellent written communication skills to perform accurate documentation, both written and electronic, of all activity in accordance with requirements.
* Demonstrated ability to recognize adverse signs and symptoms and reacts quickly and appropriately in emergency situations. Must have the ability to obtain, assess, and report critical lab or diagnostic results to patient’s physician in a timely manner.
* Demonstrated ability to act on all medical and therapeutic orders in a timely manner.
* Can demonstrate and adhere to peri-operative, infection control and safety policies and procedures used in the MTF and IAW JC guidelines.
* Schedule appointments, arrange for procedures, and perform telephone and e- mail follow-up, as appropriate. Review and appropriately disposition all incoming phone and secure e-mail messages from patients to clinical team in accordance with clinic standard operating procedures, including but not limited to requests for medications, lab or radiology results, referrals, and appointments, complaints of new symptoms, and administrative issues.
* Input data and clinical information into the medical record and retrieve requested information such as laboratory, radiology, and procedure results. Maintain knowledge of all resources included in the clinic and educate patients about them appropriately.
* Can demonstrate good time management skills and effectively multi-task between in-person clinical care and administrative computer and telephone-based duties in a high-pace work environment.
* Ensure compliance with standard of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the medical treatment MTF and IAW JC guidelines. Provides care within ethical and legal boundaries.
* Complete orientation and competency verification programs in accordance with unit guidelines. Will report to the Nurse Manager. Will take direction from charge nurse and house supervisor as required in maintaining a safe environment for staff and patient(s).
* When assigned, will serve and participate in committees, functions and other meetings. Provide relevant and timely information, and assists with decision- making and process improvement.
* As required, participate in customer service initiatives and medical readiness activities, designed to enhance health services.
* When required, participate in the orientation, training, and evaluation of duty performance of newly assigned personnel, as appropriate.
* Education: A graduate of an Associate, Bachelor or Master’s program of Registered Nursing. The institution will be from a National League of Nursing (NLN) approved program.
* Licensure: Possess current unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in one of the fifty states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
* Experience: Must be continuously employed in the practice of Registered Nurse for 2 years prior to start of work at the WRNMMC. Internal Medicine/Primary Care Clinic experience is desirable.
* Additional Required Knowledge & Experience: 1) Shall be able to read, write, speak and understand English well enough to effectively communicate with all patients and other health care providers. Be comfortable in the ability to triage patients using nursing practice guidelines. 2)Shall be knowledgeable of equipment and supply terminology and skill sufficient to identify and use necessary equipment and supplies properly and to communicate proper use with nurses, medical staff, patients, and family members. 3) Shall be sufficiently skilled to teach patients proper self-care and to motivate patients and family members to continue the procedures for promoting rapid healing. 4) Shall be knowledgeable and possess skills necessary to provide care appropriate to any age-related needs of the patients. The Contract RN shall demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development appropriate to the appropriate patient population served: Adults and Geriatric (>65). Be able to advise patient of age, gender, and disease appropriate screening, immunizations, and preventive health recommendations. 5)Assess, coordinate, facilitate, deliver and evaluate care for adults and geriatric patients using the nursing process. 6) Knowledge of a wide range of medical disorders/conditions, diagnostic studies and treatments related to prevention, and detection of illnesses in adults, is desirable. 7)The contracted RN will be knowledgeable in professional care theories, principles, practices, and procedures to perform nursing assignments of moderate difficulty and experience in assessing adult and geriatric patients, as appropriate. 8) Knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry and automated medical records.
* Certification: Maintain current certification in American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers.
* Must be a U.S citizen and have the ability to pass a background check/security clearance.
STAFFING & SCHEDULING:
* Internal Medicine RNs work in a Primary Care Patient Centered Medical Home.
* Shifts shall be 8.5 hours in length with 30 minutes for lunch, not to exceed 40 per week.
* Shift hours are typically between the hours of 6:00 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Friday. Skipping lunch to leave work 30 minutes earlier is not permissible.
* Contract RNs are required to sign in upon arrival and sign out at the end of their shift.