+ Clinical Psychologist, BC or BE, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
- 8901 Wisconsin Ave, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Godwin Corporation provides experienced and committed health care personnel and related health care services to the federal government and private industry. EEO M/F/Disability/Veterans www.godwincorp.com
Outstanding Clinical Psychologist, BC or BE Opportunity at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC)
Come Join Our Team of exceptional health care providers at WRNMMC and experience the immense pride others have discovered in caring for Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans!
* Elevate your career by applying for our Clinical Psychologist opportunity in support of WRNMMC!
* Excellent Compensation & Comprehensive Benefits!
* Full Time Position Days, OFF Every Other Friday!
* Sign-On Bonus/Relocation Assistance!
* NO Weekends! NO Call!
* PTO! 10 Paid Federal Holidays!
* Annual CME Stipend!
* Malpractice Insurance Provided!
DUTIES: The Psychologist will provide the following services and in strict compliance with standing orders and protocols set forth by the Military Treatment Facility and IAW JC guidelines to include, but will not necessarily be limited to the following:
* Complete patient assessment, evaluation and develop course of treatment with problems of personality, emotional adjustment, or mental illness.
* Administer and interpret psychological tests which are used for diagnosing mental and personality disorders, and for differentiating between organic and functional causes of behavior disorders.
* Perform psychotherapy with patients, either through individual sessions or through group therapy sessions.
* Participate in a patient-care team which includes a physician, social worker, nurse, and others. This team determines the course and nature of a patient's psychotherapy treatment.
* Provide educational, vocational and rehabilitation counseling of the physically or mentally handicapped or others in need of or seeking vocational guidance.
Additional Tasks and Responsibilities the Psychologist shall perform, but not limited to:
* Ensure compliance with standard of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the medical treatment MTF and IAW JC guidelines. Provides care within ethical and legal boundaries.
* Complete orientation and competency verification programs in accordance with unit guidelines.
* When assigned, will serve and participate in committees, functions and other meetings. Provide relevant and timely information, and assists with decision-making and process improvement.
* Will report to the Director of Psychiatric Medicine.
* Also may serve as preceptor for Psychologist preceptorship programs.
* As required, participate in customer service initiatives and medical readiness activities, designed to enhance health services.
* Education: Psychologist will have successfully completed a nationally accredited PhD program in Psychology.
* Licensure: 1) Have and maintain a current license to practice psychology in any one of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
* Experience: Minimum of 12 months experience within the last 36 months (3 years) as a licensed Clinical Psychologist.
* Certification: 1) Shall at a minimum be Board Eligible. 2) Maintain current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers by the American Heart Association.
* Must be a U.S citizen and have the ability to pass a background check/security clearance.
STAFFING & SCHEDULING:
* The Primary Duty Hours are Monday through Friday from 0700-1600. The Clinical Psychologist will provide services for a period of 8.5 or 9 hours with an uncompensated 1/2 or 1 hour for lunch depending on the shift length.
* Place of Performance: The Clinical Psychologist will support the mission Readiness Department at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC), Bethesda, MD.