+ Registered Nurse, RN Pulmonary Research Study, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Bethesda, MD
- 8901 Wisconsin Ave, Bethesda, MD 20889, USA
Godwin Corporation provides experienced and committed health care personnel and related health care services to the federal government and private industry. EEO www.godwincorp.com
Outstanding Registered Nurse, RN Pulmonary Research Study Opportunity, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Bethesda, MD
Come Join Our Team of exceptional health care providers at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center and experience the immense pride others have discovered in caring for Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans!
* Elevate your career by applying for our RN Pulmonary Research Studyopportunity in support of Walter Reed National Military Medical Center!
* Excellent Compensation & Comprehensive Benefits!
* Full Time Position Days, Monday-Friday!
* NO Weekends! NO Holidays! NO Call!
* PTO! & 10 Paid Federal Holidays!
* Malpractice Insurance Provided!
POSITION SUMMARY: The primary purpose of this position is to provide services necessary for completion of the “Post-Deployment Lung Disease Study”, in accordance with industrial best practices applicable to Department of Defense guidance and in accordance with their requisite licensure. The quality of care provided by the RN shall be of a quality meeting or exceeding currently recognized national standards as established by the Joint Commission (JC). RNs shall give the highest regard to patient dignity and observe the precepts of the American Hospital Association’s Bill of Rights for Patients. The RN shall abide by WRNMMC rules, regulations and by laws, including Medical Staff by Laws, as well as applicable DOD regulations governing such things as medical records.
SPECIFIC DUTIES/TASKS THE RN SHALL PERFORM BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
* Assist in the administration and monitoring of the day-to-day conduct of the research projects.
* Maintain organized records and documentation for the administration, budget, and execution requirements of the studies. Some flexibility may be needed to respond quickly to unanticipated mission requirements and accurately collect and file data.
* Responsible for the initial set up and close-out of study files and databases, collection and data entry, and on-going organization and maintenance of all study records and data in a computerized format. Will be required to perform data retrieval from the military’s electronic health record (EHR).
* Assist with data files and manage entry of all data, maintaining an updated and organized literature library, on-going communication with the research team to maximize study objectives as well as the collection of data at required study points per study protocol.
* Assist the Study Investigators in completing the supported project and assist with data analysis and the interpretation of study findings.
* Contact patients for entry in the ‘Lung Function Testing in Service Members Serving in Iraq and Afghanistan and Returning with Respiratory Complaints’ study and coordinate appointments for the study.
* Assist the principal investigator and associate investigators with preparation and storage of study samples.
* Locate and enter patient data into a spreadsheet.
* Review outpatient records to collect and store data into pertaining spreadsheet.
* Additional tasks may include evaluation of study patients in pulmonary clinic during screening, study, and follow-up examinations.
* Education: Should have a Bachelor of Science (BS), Registered Nurse (RN), or Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree or equivalent.
* Licensure: Possess current unrestricted license to practice as a registered nurse in one of the fifty states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
* Experience: 1) Shall have a minimum of two (2) years of related pulmonary experience and be familiar with associated research regulations. 2) Shall have previous exposure to statistical applications and analysis. 3) A minimum of one peer-reviewed publication is strongly preferred. 4) Shall have knowledge of and experience with planning and conducting human subject research and database research.
* Other Required Knowledge & Experience: 1) Shall be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the pulmonary research field. 2) Shall be able to work well independently and identify work priorities using own experience and judgment. 3) Shall have excellent communication and time management skills to accomplish study tasks and meet protocol timelines. 4) Shall have computer skills to include proficiency with Windows/Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Word programs. 5) Shall have familiarity with the military outpatient records Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA) database. 6) Should have knowledge of the DoD Health Care System. 7) Shall have fluency in spoken and written English.
* Certification: Maintain current certification in American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers.
* Must be a U.S citizen and have the ability to pass a background check/security clearance.
STAFFING & SCHEDULING:
* The RN shall provide services at WRNMMC, Department of Pulmonary/Sleep and Critical Care Medicine, Monday through Friday between the hours of 0730 to 1600. Each RN shall normally be assigned an 8.5 hour shift to include a 0.5 hour uncompensated lunch break.