+ Dental Assistant, Temp 6 Months, Kimbrough Ambulatory Care Center, Fort Meade, MD
- 2480 Llewellyn Ave, Fort Meade, MD 20755, USA
Godwin Corporation provides experienced and committed health care personnel and related health care services to the federal government and private industry. EEO www.godwincorp.com
Outstanding Dental Assistant Temp 6 Month Opportunity at Kimbrough Ambulatory Care Center, Fort Meade, MD
Come Join Our Team of exceptional health care providers at Kimbrough Ambulatory Care Center, Fort Meade and experience the immense pride others have discovered in caring for Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans!
* Excellent Compensation & Comprehensive Benefits!
* Temp Position, Full Time Hours, Days, Monday – Friday!
* NO Weekends! NO Call! NO Holidays!
* PTO, Plus 10 Paid Federal Holidays!
* Malpractice Insurance Provided!
POSITION SUMMARY: Be responsible for a full range of dental assisting procedures in support of Dental Officer examinations and delivery of treatment under the "four handed dentistry" format within the personnel and equipment capabilities and limitations of the Military Treatment Facility (MTF).
DUTIES: The duties include but are not limited to the following:
* The HCP shall aid in the provision of mandated dental surveillance and preventive services and assist in ensuring the quality and timeliness of treatment records and reports required to document procedures performed and care provided.
* The HCP shall also refer patients who present with a complaint to staff dentists for evaluation and continuation of care and attend multidisciplinary treatment team meetings on behalf of the dental officers. * Shall perform a full range of dental assistant duties, within the scope of this statement of work, on site using government furnished supplies, facilities and equipment within the assigned unit of the MTF.
* Workload occurs as a result of scheduled and unscheduled requirements for care.
* The HCP’s actual clinical performance will be a function of the overall demand for dental assisting services.
* The HCP’s productivity is expected to be comparable to that of other dental assistants assigned to the same facility and authorized the same scope of practice;
* Shall provide oral prophylaxis, preventive dentistry procedures and non-surgical periodontal therapy to
active duty military personnel and eligible beneficiaries.
* Maintain patient records in accordance with Joint Commission and MTF requirements.
* Assist during patient examination and treatment (10) Assist during administration of anesthesia.
* Select and arrange instruments and prepare set ups for patient treatment.
* Assist in placement and removal of sutures.
* Prepare restorative and impression materials.
* Dispose of contaminated waste in accordance with the standard procedures of the MTF.
* Load and unload radiographic film cassettes.
* Expose bitewing, periapical and occlusal film utilizing bisecting angle or paralleling radiographic
* Shall perform radiographic darkroom procedures to include manual and automatic film processing.
* Instruct on basic oral hygiene care; and.
* Maintain operatory to meet the clinic's cleanliness and infection control standards.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities: The Dental Assistant may be assigned other duties consistent with the normal duties of a dental assistant as directed by the Commanding Officer to include, but not limited to, working at the appointments desk, performing Central Sterile Supply functions, and participating in command quality improvement and assurance meetings, etc.
* As a member of a professionally diverse team, the Dental Assistant shall contribute in a positive manner to team building and morale.
* Under the supervision of a dentist, all dental assistants may be allowed to participate in Expanded
Functions training program and certification in accordance with BUMEDINST 6600.13 and local directives at the discretion of the Commanding Officer’s (CO).
* Education: 1) Shall be current with and have completed all continuing education requirements specified by their professional licensure or certification. 2) Must possess one of the following: – a) Certificate Associate Degree as a dental assistant/technician from a state accredited program and 12 months experience within the preceding 60 months; OR b) Certification from a military dental technician or dental assistant “A” school and 12 months experience within the preceding 60 months; OR c) Certification from a Red Cross Dental Assistant course and 12 months experience within the preceding 60 months; OR d) Certification from a Military Red Cross Dental Assistant course within the preceding 6 months; OR e) 36 months experience within the preceding 60 months as a dental assistant in a private practice or a military Clinic; OR f) Membership in good standing with the American Association of Dental Assistants with required continuing education and 12 months experience within the preceding 60 months; OR g) Graduation from a state accredited program for dental assistants or dental technology within the preceding 12 months.
* Certification: Shall maintain certification in American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers; American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Course; American Red Cross CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation) for the Professional Rescuer; or, equivalent.
* Experience: 1) Must have 24 months experience and have worked at least 6 months in the last 12 months, or military dental assistant training, vocational-technical training, or American Red Cross Dental Assistant training with at least 24 months practical experience as a dental assistant. 2) Have experience in functions such as taking dental radiographs, maintaining dental equipment, and assisting dentist in patient treatment is mandatory.
* Other Required Knowledge: 1) Shall be prepared to examine, treat, and process patients in a manner compatible with the MTF's operating capacity and equipment. 2) Shall be prepared to become familiar with and follow standardized military concepts of Phased Dentistry and Managed Care
* Must be a U.S citizen and have the ability to pass a background check/security clearance.
SCHEDULING & STAFFING:
* Usual duty schedule is an 8-hour shift between the hours of 0700 to 1600, Monday - Friday to include an uncompensated one-hour lunch.