+ Dental Hygienist, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
- 8901 Wisconsin Ave, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Godwin Corporation provides experienced and committed health care personnel and related health care services to the federal government and private industry. EEO M/F/Disability/Veterans www.godwincorp.com
Outstanding Dental Hygienist Opportunity at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC)!
Come Join Our Team of exceptional health care providers at WRNMMC and experience the immense pride others have discovered in caring for Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans!
* Elevate your career by applying for our full time Dental Hygienist opportunity in support of WRNMMC!
* Excellent Compensation & Comprehensive Benefits!
* Full Time Position Days, Monday – Friday!
* NO Weekends! NO Call! NO Holidays!
* PTO, Plus 10 Paid Federal Holidays!
* Malpractice Insurance Provided!
CLINICAL SPECIFIC DUTIES: The Dental Hygienist will provide the following services and in strict compliance with standing orders and protocols set forth by the MTF, and IAW JC guidelines to include, but will not necessarily be limited to the following:
* Conduct oral prophylaxis, preliminary periodontal examinations involving diagnostic tests and x-rays, oral health education, preparation of treatment plans for plaque control, and application of topical fluorides and desensitizing agents to the teeth.
* Take x-rays per clinic protocol and JC guidelines.
* Able to communicate clearly and effectively with staff and patients.
* Adhere to peri-operative, infection control and safety policies and procedures used in the MTF and IAW JC guidelines.
* Demonstrate good time management skills.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
* Ensure compliance with standard of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the medical treatment MTF and IAW JC guidelines. Provides care within ethical and legal boundaries.
* Complete orientation and competency verification programs in accordance with unit guidelines.
* When assigned, will serve and participate in committees, functions and other meetings. Provide relevant and timely information, and assists with decision-making and process improvement.
* Will report to the Nurse Manager. Will take direction from charge nurse and house supervisor as required in maintaining a safe environment for staff and patient(s).
* When required, participate in the orientation, training, and evaluation of duty performance of newly assigned personnel, as appropriate.
* As required, participate in customer service initiatives and medical readiness activities, designed to enhance health services.
* Education: Graduate of a Dental Hygiene School accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of the ADA.
* Licensure: The Dental Hygienist shall possess a valid license to practice dental hygiene from a United States (US) jurisdiction, state, or territory.
* Certification: 1) Possesses Board Certification as a Dental Hygienist from the American Dental Hygienists’ Association (ADHA). 2) Possess and maintain a current BLS for Healthcare Providers Certification through the American Heart Association (AHA).
* Experience: Minimum of 1 year experience within preceding 3 years.
* Must be a U.S citizen and have the ability to pass a background check/security clearance.
STAFFING & SCHEDULING:
* The primary duty hours are Monday through Friday from 0700-1600. Provide services for a period of 8.5 or 9 hours with an uncompensated 1/2 or 1 hour for lunch depending on the shift length.