Yard Staff - Moulton Paddocks
- Duchess Dr, Newmarket CB8, UK
Godolphin is the world’s largest global thoroughbred breeding operation and horseracing team founded by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the United Arab Emirates and Ruler of Dubai. Today Team Godolphin spans across four continents, from our home in Dubai to Europe, Australia, Japan and America.
Founded in Dubai in 1992, the operation has been built on a foundation of innovation and uninhibited achievement that has led to a legacy of success for horses in Godolphin’s famous blue silks. Its global headquarters is in Newmarket, which is the epicentre of the UK’s thoroughbred industry.
Do you enjoy working to high standards and possess the passion and drive to make a real contribution to our world class team? Although we're not currently hiring, we are always on the look out for talented and passionate people!
If you'd like to be considered for future opportunities to be part of our hard-working and knowledgeable non-riding Yard Staff at Moulton Paddocks, please submit your application against this job.
The job holder is responsible for assisting with routine stable duties and racehorse care.
- Mucking out stables and yard sweeping
- Grooming and care of horses
- Tacking up horses
- Cleaning and care of tack and equipment
- Watching over horses exercising e.g. on the trotting ring
- Responsibility for hand walking, lunging, putting horses on horse walker
- Preparing for and attending the Races
-General yard duties
- Communicating with and supporting colleagues, Head Lads, Assistant Trainers and other Godolphin staff as required.
- Representing, and upholding the reputation of, Godolphin both inside and outside the organization, e.g. when travelling to races, on the gallops
- Good horsemanship
- Communication skills
- Horse welfare knowledge
- Awareness of Health and Safety requirements and be responsible for ensuring these requirements are met in the yard, on the gallops and whilst performing any other duties at work
- NVQ Level 2 or above in Racehorse Care & Management an advantage
We offer a very competitive salary and benefits package and a first class working environment, with excellent opportunities to learn and develop new skills.