Stable Staff - Godolphin Stables
- Duchess Dr, Newmarket CB8, UK
Godolphin is the global thoroughbred breeding operation and horseracing team founded by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum. Today Team Godolphin spans across four continents, from our home in Dubai to Europe, Australia, Japan and America.
We are seeking a small number of highly skilled and experienced Stable Staff / Work Riders, who are able to demonstrate that they can ride and work to the highest possible standards and possess the passion and drive to make a real contribution to our world class team.
The job holder is responsible for assisting with routine stable duties and riding horses on daily exercise.
- Riding horses on daily exercise
- Mucking out stables
- Grooming and care of horses, including washing down after work
- Tacking up horses
- Cleaning and care of tack and equipment
- Schooling and preparation of yearlings
- Responsibility for hand walking, lunging, putting horses on horse walker, swimming and grazing horses as and when required
- Preparing for and attending the Races
- Responsible for the maintenance of the horses health and welfare, including the taking of temperatures
- Communicating with and supporting colleagues, Head Lads, Assistant Trainers and other Godolphin staff as required
- Representing, and upholding the reputation of, Godolphin both inside and outside the organization, e.g. when travelling to races, on the gallops
- Good horsemanship – riding and handling, including ability to ride work and other specialist skills, e.g. stalls work, lunging
- Communication skills – verbal and some written
- Demonstrates flexibility and can make a positive contribution to a team
- Horse welfare knowledge
- Awareness of Health and Safety requirements and be responsible for ensuring these requirements are met in the yard, on the gallops and whilst performing any other duty whilst at work.
- Physically and mentally able to cope with the demands of the role
- 63kgs maximum weight for new staff
- NVQ Level 3 Racehorse Care & Management an advantage
We offer a very competitive salary and benefits package and a first class working environment, with excellent opportunities to learn and develop new skills.