Yard Staff - Moulton Paddocks
- Duchess Dr, Newmarket CB8, UK
Godolphin is the global thoroughbred breeding operation and horseracing team founded by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum. Today Team Godolphin spans across four continents, from our home in Dubai to Europe, Australia, Japan and America.
We are seeking a small number of hard-working and knowledgeable non-riding Yard Staff to join our existing teams. The successful candidate will enjoy working to high standards and possess the passion and drive to make a real contribution to our world class team.
The job holder is responsible for assisting with routine stable duties and racehorse care.
- Mucking out stables and yard sweeping
- Grooming and care of horses
- Tacking up horses
- Cleaning and care of tack and equipment
- Watching over horses exercising e.g. on the trotting ring
- Responsibility for hand walking, lunging, putting horses on horse walker
- Preparing for and attending the Races
-General yard duties
- Communicating with and supporting colleagues, Head Lads, Assistant Trainers and other Godolphin staff as required.
- Representing, and upholding the reputation of, Godolphin both inside and outside the organization, e.g. when travelling to races, on the gallops
- Good horsemanship
- Communication skills
- Horse welfare knowledge
- Awareness of Health and Safety requirements and be responsible for ensuring these requirements are met in the yard, on the gallops and whilst performing any other duties at work
- NVQ Level 2 or above in Racehorse Care & Management an advantage
We offer a very competitive salary and benefits package and a first class working environment, with excellent opportunities to learn and develop new skills.