Partner Manager (Integrated Solutions)
- King of Prussia, PA, USA
Who we are...
goBalto is about re-imagining how study teams get clinical trials started and done. We’re building the modern way to work together; a fast and versatile web application that connects sponsors, CROs, and sites with what’s going on, their shared priorities, and who owns each part of the effort.
We're software engineering, clinical operations, management analysts, implementation consultants and thought leaders from companies like Amgen, Genentech, Quintiles, Roche, McKinsey & Company, Accenture, Peoplesoft, and Oracle/Sun Microsystems. We're backed by Aberdare Ventures, Singapore EDBI, Qualcomm Life Fund of Qualcomm Ventures and an experienced team of advisors.
Why we’re here...
The clinical study startup process is slow, error prone and in need of process improvement. Existing tools used to track study startup, site identification and selection, site activation tasks and documents are manual, bloated, and complex. To take the next step in clinical study productivity, we need a fresh start. We created goBalto to help take that step; to improve the productivity of sponsors, CROs, and sites, to ultimately get medicines to those in need faster.
The primary goal of the Partnerships team at goBalto is to identify, develop and manage relationships with strategic vendors who provide technology services capabilities to goBalto. goBalto partners with multiple technology service providers such as Box.com, Adobe Sign, SurveyGizmo, Tableau and others.
Note: Previous experience with enterprise software technology service providers is required. Experience in the life sciences industry, clinical space is preferred. This position will be based in the goBalto King of Prussia, PA office or San Francisco, CA headquarters. This position reports to the COO.
goBalto establishes and maintains the following types of partnerships with complementary providers:
- Software technology solution providers
- Consulting and implementation
The partnerships manager will lead the effort to identify, develop and maintain technology solution provider relationships. This includes partnering with the necessary business unit managers to facilitate the evaluation, selection and contractual aspects of establishing the partnership. In addition, the manager will be responsible for ensuring a system integration plan is defined and executed. The Partner manager will determine pricing, commercial terms and align the partner roadmap with goBalto’s.
Work responsibilities breakdown:
Establish partner model (60%)
- Define a scalable partner enablement plan for each existing partner
- Integration requirements
- Commercial terms
- Renewal considerations
- Internal training and awareness of integrated partner capabilities; value proposition
- Training and support
- Shared pipeline, if applicable
- Build materials and infrastructure required to convey partnership model and positioning with current and prospective partners
- Build and institute a partner review model on a regular cadence to ensure alignment from product, marketing, sales and services perspectives
- Manage on-going relationship with partners to achieve desired business results – including integration plans, co-selling and co-marketing (if applicable)
- Ensure awareness cross-functionally of our partner network and capabilities especially in BD and CS teams
- Coordinate training for goBalto and partner teams as required
- Coordinate prospect RFP responses with input from goBalto BD owner, partner point of contact
- Raise and maintain awareness within partner organizations of goBalto capabilities, news/events, achievements, etc. to ensure their pipeline is growing and goBalto solutions are front of mind
Identify and establish new partnerships (10%)
- Represent goBalto capabilities in the market when talking to current and prospective partners through awareness of our market messaging, differentiation points and customer success testimonials
- Identify partner provider options in areas of software (OEM) and data providers, consulting services providers and resellers to fulfill a particular business process / need that complements goBalto solutions and services
- Partner internally with Product Management, Product Development, Customer Success and BD to collate and structure a comprehensive requirements list for evaluation
- Evaluate prospective partners in areas of functional capabilities, technology capabilities, financial strength, market perspective
- Prepare RFPs, facilitate RFP processes and facilitate review of RFP responses internally
- Facilitate internal discussions to ensure timely partner selection
- Negotiate contracts and terms with selected partners
- Coordinate initiative with Product Mgt/Development teams from goBalto and partner to facilitate the design and build process for system integration and necessary product enhancements, where applicable
Skills you have...
- Requires Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Computer Science, Information Systems or Management Information Systems
- 7-10 years of demonstrated clinical systems product management, implementation or sales
- Knowledge of software development lifecycles such as Agile development methodologies
- Basic knowledge of clinical development business process
- Familiarity or past relationship management experience with technology service providers such as or similar to Tableau, Box.com, SurveyGizmo, Adobe
- Product management experience for integrated partner solutions
- Experience with creation and completion of enterprise software RFPs and RFQs
- Critical thinking skills that enable you to analyze problems and define alternative solutions
- Experience in using software development and project management tools such as Atlassian Jira, Trello, Smartsheets or MS Project
- Independent, self-starter and entrepreneurial attitude
- Strong customer services and consulting skills
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Strong presentation and organizational skills
- Fluent in English language
- Desire to be part of a fast-growing organization
What's in it for you…
- Become part of a team that's new, energized, and going places…fast.
- Grow and develop right along with goBalto.
- Earn a generous compensation package, including benefits from day 1.
- Medical, dental, vision care, commuter, FSA, and 401(k).
- Reap the fruits of stock options as a reward for your energy, contributions, and dedication.
- A PTO plan that starts accruing the moment you start.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. goBalto, Inc. will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the provisions of San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.