- Barcelona, Spain
Organization: Emergent Forest Finance Accelerator
Location: Barcelona, Spain or New York City
Reports to: Executive Director
Direct Reports: None
About Emergent Forest Finance Accelerator
Emergent Forest Finance Accelerator is a non-profit dedicated to accelerating the speed and scale of tropical forest conservation to combat the climate crisis. Emergent connects buyers and sellers of large-scale emissions reductions from jurisdictional REDD+ programs, Emergent provides a reliable means of transacting large volumes of high-quality international forest carbon credits while helping to navigate market complexities and policy uncertainties. Emergent is incubated by the Global Development Incubator.
Emergent is seeking an experienced Executive Assistant who has a proven record of efficiency, task-management, and results orientation to play a key role as the right hand to the Executive Director. Proven skills required include appointment scheduling, travel organization, office management and high-level administrative skills as required by a fast-paced executive office. International experience, fluency in English, and strong writing and communication skills required. The successful candidate will be mature, emotionally intelligent, discreet, collegial, engaging, reliable, exceptionally organized and have a deep knowledge of, and interest in, climate solutions. Strong writing and editing skills are required. The Executive Assistant will report to the Executive Director.
- Manage Executive Director’s calendar and travel arrangements.
- Coordinate executive communications, including taking calls, responding to emails and interfacing with partners.
- Attend meetings, take notes, and record minutes.
- Prepare and process expense reimbursements.
- Provide high-level administrative support and assistance to the Executive Director and/or other management staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of four years of administrative level experience or, in lieu of a bachelor’s degree, a minimum of eight years of experience.
- Fluent in English and Spanish.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to stay focused, efficient, and effective in managing multiple priorities.
- Project and upward management skills
- Proficient in productivity tools (Google Suite and Microsoft Office), the ability to manage multiple and complex schedules with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work independently, as well as be collaborative and with a remote workforce.
- Experience with increasing levels of responsibility, decision-making autonomy, and administrative experience working with management.
- Able to handle and triage sensitive and/or confidential information, and use solid judgment, when providing information to partners, with tact and diplomacy
Emergent provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please include your cover letter and resume as a single PDF document when applying.