Contracts and Compliance Manager
- 1401 K St NW, Washington, DC 20005, USA
The Global Development Incubator (GDI) is a non-profit that builds startups and partnerships to address some of the world’s toughest global development challenges. We play a mix of the strategist and implementer role to get game-changing ideas off the ground over 18-24 months. Throughout each stage of our process, we bring together the right partners across sectors – including corporations, nonprofits, governments, and foundations – to help new initiatives scale their impact and prepare for long-term success. Above all, we turn talk into action by matching ambitious leaders, strong concepts, and funding with the executional power required to launch and scale game-changing social impact efforts.
The Contracts and Compliance Manager role is a unique opportunity to support a growing operations team at a lean and high performing organization. This position will be responsible for managing procurement and subaward processes and documentation, and for supporting the organization in a range of compliance areas.
Contract and Subaward Management
- Manage procurement processes, including developing and reviewing RFPs, managing responses, ensuring selections comply with GDI and donor policy.
- Oversee the lifecycle of subaward management, including due diligence on potential subawardees, managing technical assistance and oversight.
- Review subaward and vendor invoices to ensure compliance with GDI policy and allowability under contract terms.
- Create contracts and agreements based on template forms and facilitating review by legal counsel as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain filing systems for all related documents.
Business Development and Donor Reporting
- Complete donor due diligence requests including coordinating responses from relevant parties.
- Manage relevant reporting schedules and calendar of due dates and coordinate regular reporting requirements.
- Support finance and accounting team in preparing donor invoices upon request. Develop and maintain filing systems for all related documents.
- Advise on GDI policy and donor requirements.
- Support the development and deployment of appropriate policy updates.
- Support the development of appropriate policies and procedures at incubated initiatives.
- Provide basic training and guidance on compliance and contracting matters for incubated initiatives.
- Provide additional administrative or other support as requested.
Minimum Qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field, and a minimum of five years of experience in a compliance related role. This position requires familiarity with compliance under the 2 CFR 200, additional compliance experience with multilateral or international donors, or FAR compliant contracts highly desirable. We are looking for an entrepreneurial candidate who is interested in learning new skills and growing in a non-profit environment. The GDI Contracts and Compliance Manager must have excellent attention to detail.
The following qualities are a must for all GDI employees:
- Curious and entrepreneurial mindset
- Razor-sharp problem solving skills
- A relentless drive to get things done
- Ability to move fluidly between collaborative and independent work styles
- Ability to make assessments quickly and identify the best course of action
- Commitment to thinking critically and creatively about social change
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.