Platform Product Manager
- Raleigh, NC, USA
GDC is a Data as a Service (DaaS) company with a cloud-based platform for global electronic identity verification. For businesses that need to know the identities of customers all over the world, we provide one point of access to local, in-country reference data for instant verification.
The market for global identity verification is growing rapidly. More bank accounts are opened online. More money is transferred across borders. And more merchants are registering to sell on international marketplaces.
The companies behind these services need to verify the identities of people in every country in order to satisfy government regulations or reduce the risks of fraud. More and more they choose electronic verification for its quick speed, low friction and low cost.
GDC provides our clients with one point of access for global electronic identity verification with the most countries, the deepest population coverage and the widest selection of data elements to verify against.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to own aspects of the roadmap for our Worldview Platform, including the API and internal tools. This is an exciting opportunity to play a pivotal role in shepherding and accelerating the technical evolution of products for a growth-stage organization.
This role will report into the VP of Product.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish a deep understanding of customer needs
- Define and refine the product roadmap in collaboration with stakeholders across the organization
- Understand, research, and follow technical trends in the industry and in general
- Effectively communicate priorities with internal and external stakeholders
- Translate customer needs and stakeholder requests into detailed User Stories
- Groom and manage product backlog
- Contribute to documentation, both internal and external, and product marketing collateral as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Minimum 3-5 years of Product Management experience in a software company, with a demonstrated track-record of building and delivering enterprise products
- Strong technical skills in API and software development, with experience in building API products preferred
- Experience with building products in the Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Familiarity with data hygiene and data matching techniques
- Proficient in prioritizing – using qualitative and quantitative data for decision-making
- Excellent communicator – adept at explaining the “what” AND “why”
- Fluent in gathering requirements, writing User Stories, and collaborating with Engineers to deliver products and features
- Practitioner of Agile methodologies, specifically Scrum and Kanban, preferred
- A self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
- Experience working with large, global enterprise customers
GDC does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job postings.