IT System Support Analyst
- 8201 Chad Colley Blvd, Fort Smith, AR 72916, USA
Glatfelter is a global supplier of fiber-based engineered materials, offering innovation, world-class service and over a century and a half of technical expertise. Headquartered in York, PA, the company employs over 2,200 people and serves customers in over 100 countries. U.S. operations include facilities in Pennsylvania, and Arkansas. International operations include facilities in Canada, Germany, France, the United Kingdom and the Philippines, and sales and distribution offices in China and Russia. Glatfelter’s sales approximate $1.7 billion annually and its common stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol GLT. Additional information may be found at www.glatfelter.com.
Our Fort Smith, AR facility is home for innovative airlaid manufacturing in the U.S. The experience and skill of our Glatfelter PEOPLE have been key to its success. Join us as we continue our exciting new chapter in the journey to become the global supplier of choice in engineered materials!
The IT System Support Analyst is a go-to, key role on the Fort Smith team and operation, ensuring a safe and effective operation of all IT related infrastructure and networking and working to support local users . He or she will be a member of and work with Glatfelter's Global IT Services team, and plan, install, configure, maintain and optimize the entire infrastructure and network communications of the mill! The IT Systems Support Analyst will be responsible as follows:
- Performing implementation and 1st level support for local infrastructure.
- Coordinating and executing changes to local infrastructure.
- Cabling, racking, and installing server, storage, security, VOIP/phone and network hardware.
- Active member of the global infrastructure team.
- Work with the global infrastructure team triaging and repairing local server, storage, security, VOIP/phone and network hardware.
- Assist the global network team in troubleshooting and resolving issues with network communications and VOIP/phone infrastructure.
- Receiving and responding to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails 24x7 regarding local infrastructure problems.
- Providing desk side support to end users for laptop/desktop/virtual desktops hardware and software including refreshing hardware when appropriate.
- Gathering business requirements related to the local infrastructure and present to Global IT for solution creation.
- Maintaining up-to-date asset inventory and up-to-date knowledge of vendor contracts (e.g. network) and supervise contract-based installations.
- Adhering to procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring network and server infrastructure.
- Preparing and ensuring accuracy of documentation, procedures manuals, and help sheets
- Aiding in development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, and maintaining current knowledge of plan executables.
- Responding to emergency infrastructure outages (e.g. network) in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Following standard system backup and recovery procedures -- ensuring daily backups complete successfully, resolving issues when they don’t.
- Supporting production systems infrastructure system including Networking, MES, HMI, RF Scanners, label printers, camera and vision systems.
- Ensure infrastructure environment is compliant with internal Glatfelter standards (eg. OS versions, patches, firmware, etc.)
- Instilling Glatfelter Core Values and ensuring a positive working environment of One Company -- One Culture
Education - Bachelor's degree in Information Technology preferred
- Certifications in A+, Network+ or ITIL are an asset
Experience - Four (4) years of related progressive experience preferred.
- Must have a working technical knowledge of network and server operating systems, including Linux and Windows.
- Must have extensive application support experience with Microsoft, VMware and Citrix.
- Must have a working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, including TCP/IP.
- Working technical knowledge of VOIP phone systems.
- Solar winds knowledge a plus
- Virtual Desktop experience/management a plus.
- Must be able to operate network component analyzers, scanners, and testers.
- Must have hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Must have knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- French speaking and writing is an asset.
Competencies - leadership, communication, collaboration, creative problem solving, decision making