- 8201 Chad Colley Blvd, Fort Smith, AR 72916, USA
Opened in early 2018, our Fort Smith, AR facility is home for innovative airlaid manufacturing in the U.S. Following our Glatfelter Vision, Core Values of Integrity, Financial Discipline, Mutual Respect, Customer Focus, Environmental Responsibility, Social Responsibility, and the Safety Mission - Injury Free Every Day, the experience and skill of our Glatfelter PEOPLE are key to our success. We've started-up, and acheived full-scale commercial production in record time, very safely! Join us as we continue an exciting chapter in our journey to become the global supplier of choice in fiber-based engineering materials! See what's possible at www.Glatfelter.com/airlaidmaterials
Successful Production Operators, under the direction of the Shift Leader, will be responsible for maintaining a safe and efficient operation and producing high quality products while maintaining hygienic level housekeeping in all operation areas.
Each production team is composed of 9 operators, operating in the Airlaid production area or the Airlaid finishing area. The “Airlaid” area is composed of 4 operators and the “Finishing” area will be composed of 5 operators;
- Airlaid area: Lead Operator, Raw materials Operator, Airlaid systems Operator and Quality / Lab Operator
- Finishing area: Slitter/Winder Operator (2), Packaging Operator, Reclaim Operator and Storage Operator
- Executes position responsibilites in concert with Glatfelter's Core Values and Safety Mission.
- Ensures safe and productive operation of the operating line, per specific position
- Feeds the production line
- Audits and takes readings of various equipment and makes necessary corrections to ensure 1st grade quality production
- Participates in monthly cleaning / maintenance shutdowns
- Participates in product changeovers
- Maintains hygienic level housekeeping
- Supports all team members
- Supports and maintains 1st quality production at all times
- Documents production run results
- Communicates regularly with the Shift Leader to keep him/her informed of equipment malfunctions and productivity levels
- Respects and enforces Glatfelter Safety, Quality and Environmental policies, as an individual but also as an operations team member
- High School diploma or G.E.D required; Associate’s degree preferred
- 0-5 years related experience in production; manufacturing industry preferred
- Ability to work a continuous production schedule: 2/2/3 w shift rotation every 30 days.
- Demonstrated reliability
- Previous experience with the following is a valuable asset:
Using a computer system to assist with manufacturing process KPIs
- Computer literacy required
- Teamwork, communication, interpersonal skills
- Collaboration, creative problem solving
- Adaptability, flexibility, patience
- Sense of urgency
- Analytical, forward thinking
- Attention to detail, quality
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before small groups of customers or fellow employees of the organization.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply & divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio & %, and to draw, and interpret bar graphs.
Required to regularly perform the following:
Stand dynamically to perform a function and move to perform another; stand statically in one place to perform a function without changing location; climb stairs and/or ladders; bend, crouch, stoop, kneel, stretch, or crawl; talk or hear; perform unaided lifting of objects up to 20 lbs.
Required to frequently perform the following:
Sit at a desk or table with some walking, standing, bending, stooping, or carrying of light objects; bend upper torso and reach up and out with hands and arms.
Required to occasionally perform the following:
Use hands and fingers to handle and manipulate objects and/or operate equipment; balance the body while walking, standing, crouching, or stooping to prevent falling.
Required to lift or carry 10-50 lbs up to 150 ft; required to push or pull 10-100 lbs frequently.
Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus are necessary to perform the functions of this job.