Commercial Real Estate Appraiser (Phoenix)
- 2355 E Camelback Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85016, USA
GlassRatner, a B. Riley Financial company, is a national specialty financial advisory services firm providing solutions to complex business problems and Board level agenda items. The firm applies a unique mix of skill sets and experience to address matters of the utmost importance to an enterprise with service offerings such as corporate restructuring, fraud investigation or corporate litigation support, due diligence, mergers and acquisitions, forensic accounting and other top level non-typical business challenges.
A commercial real property appraiser position is available in our Atlanta, GA, Phoenix, AZ, and South Florida (West Palm Beach or Fort Lauderdale) office of an established Litigation Consulting and Financial Advisory Services firm.
Summary: This is a mid-level position intended to work as a team in support of the senior or managerial level. The candidate will perform real estate appraisals of commercial properties for financial reporting, mortgage lending, investment analysis and dispute resolution scenarios. The candidate will also work with other team members on due diligence assignments. The candidate with an education in accounting or finance has the opportunity to be cross-trained.
- Work with clients to develop scope of the assignment and property characteristics relevant to the valuation methodologies applied to estimate value;
- Ensure valuation assignments are prepared in accordance with USPAP;
- Develop and maintain client relationships through meetings and other methods;
- Work closely with other financial experts at the firm;
- Testify as a real estate valuation expert, if required;
- Market services, develop client networks and support efforts of developing and executing sales and marketing strategies;
- Understand project types and procedures, budgets and timelines. Overseeing project flow, keeping senior associate and client informed of status;
- Demonstrate leadership and strong personal integrity;
- Hold self-accountable to a high standard of performance;
- Articulate in phone conversations and meetings, and prepare well-written email correspondence.
- State certification general license
- Position requires 3 or more years of experience in conducting commercial real estate appraisals.
- Experience in conservation easements, tax appeals, and special purpose property a plus.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex business documents
- Ability to respond to client needs in deadline oriented situations
- Ability to review and analyze complex business/financial analyses and reports prepared by opposing experts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel and MS Word; Experience with ARGUS a plus
- Some travel may be required
- This is a salary position
- Performance based bonuses
- Healthcare plan, dental and vision- premiums partially paid by company
- 401(k) plan
- Designation reimbursements as approved by management
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
NO CALLS PLEASE. No third-party recruiters need contact.