Real Estate Appraiser (West Palm)
- 1400 Centrepark Blvd, West Palm Beach, FL 33401, USA
GlassRatner, a B. Riley Financial company, is a national specialty financial advisory services firm providing solutions to complex business problems and Board level agenda items. The firm applies a unique mix of skill sets and experience to address matters of the utmost importance to an enterprise with service offerings such as corporate restructuring, fraud investigation or corporate litigation support, due diligence, mergers and acquisitions, forensic accounting and other top level non-typical business challenges.
Summary: Candidate will perform real estate appraisals of commercial properties, real estate developments and undeveloped real estate for financial reporting purposes and dispute scenarios.
- Work with clients to develop scope of the assignment and property characteristics relevant to the valuation methodologies applied to estimate value;
- Manage the valuation process including staffing, analyses and report writing;
- Ensure valuation assignments are prepared in accordance with USPAP;
- Develop and maintain client relationships through meetings and other methods;
- Work closely with other financial experts at the firm;
- Testify as a real estate valuation expert, if required;
- Market services, develop client networks and support efforts of developing and executing sales and marketing strategies;
- Understand project types and procedures, budgets and timelines. Overseeing project flow, keeping senior associate and client informed of status;
- Demonstrate leadership and strong personal integrity;
- Hold self-accountable to a high standard of performance;
- Articulate in phone conservations and meetings, and prepare well-written email correspondence.
- MAI designation or senior level pursuing the MAI designation
- State certification general license
- Position requires 5 or more years of experience in conducting commercial real estate appraisals, preferably with deposition and litigation experience
- Experience in conservation easements, tax appeals, and special purpose property a plus.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex business documents
- Ability to respond to client needs in deadline oriented situations
- Ability to make effective presentations on complex topics to clients and legal counsel
- Ability to review and analyze complex business/financial analyses and reports prepared by opposing experts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel and MS Word
- Some travel may be required
- Healthcare plan, dental and vision- premiums partially paid by company
- 401(k) plan
- Performance based bonuses
- Designation reimbursements as approved by management
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
NO CALLS PLEASE. No third-party recruiters need contact.