PR & Marketing Officer (Remote - Southern Africa)
Are you a young womxn between ages 20-29 based in Southern Africa ?
Look no further than applying to be a Girleada volunteer!
We have just opened our 2023 volunteer applications and we would love for you to join the team.
Girleada is a leadership development and training non governmental organisation that provides adolescent girls and young womxn with leadership training. There are various entities that provide leadership training however many of them are expensive and thus inaccessible. Our pilot program, the Lead(her)ship Program, graduated its first cohort of 54 future leaders in August 2021. We work remotely across Southern Africa.
Our flagship lead(her)ship development program will be kicking off in 2023 and we currently recruiting volunteers with exceptional youth leadership experience who are looking to learn, acquire professional and transferable skills and gain access to a network of aspiring leaders.
Our virtual leadership development curriculum is based on the above mentioned pillars, namely: (1) Project Me; (2) Mental Pilot; (3) Communication
Join us as we deliver this impactful peer-to-peer program to adolescent girls and young womxn across Southern Africa.
Learn more about the organisation on: www.girleada.org
Kindly note that this is an unpaid volunteer position
Closing date: TBC
The role of a marketing and PR officer may involve the following duties:
- Planning and carrying out PR campaigns and strategies
- Monitoring the public and media's opinion of the organization
- Writing and editing press releases, leaflets, brochures, speeches, newsletters, websites and social media content
- Utilising all forms of media, including national, regional and trade press, to build, maintain and manage the portrayal the organization
- Representing organization at events
- Developing good working relationships with the media and liaising with the press on potential news stories
- Writing and editing in-house magazines, case studies and annual reports
- Devising and coordinating photo opportunities
- Managing, arranging and overseeing events
- Monitoring publicity and press coverage
- Commissioning market research
- Coordinating paid and unpaid advertising
Qualifications or studying towards the following:
- Marketing and communications
- Public relations
- Business and management
- Any other relevant qualification
Skills for a marketing and PR officer include:
- Knowledge of media production and communication
- Excellent grasp of the English language
- To be thorough and pay attention to detail
- Persistence and determination
- Ability to work very well with others
- Ability to work in new environments
- Ability to use your initiative
- Ability to speak publicly
- Good computer skills.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Suite.
- Ability to generate reports