Tax and Trusts & Estates Attorney
- 665 5th Ave, New York, NY 10022, USA
Gibney attorneys share a common vision: a dedication to providing every client unparalleled personal attention, innovative solutions and practical and economical counsel. We value the contributions made by every attorney, paralegal and employee in advancing that goal. We are proud that we have remained trusted advisers to many of our clients for decades and that many of our attorneys and staff have spent their entire careers together at Gibney.
We are a team of passionate lawyers focused on collaboration and innovation. A testament to our culture, many of our attorneys, paralegals and staff have been with the firm for decades. A modern firm with traditional values, we set high standards for client service and have established a uniform level of quality that permeates the firm. We are ahead of the curve in our ability to design strategic solutions and programs for our clients, and all aspects of our legal and business operations are crafted with this goal in mind. With over 50 attorneys in New York and San Francisco, we look for attorneys and staff that share our vision.
At Gibney, we believe in a firm culture that promotes and appreciates diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences. This philosophy not only creates a better work environment, but enhances the quality of work and results we deliver to our clients.
We are seeking a partner or senior associate level attorney with experience in general business tax, estate and trust planning and administration.
- Creating estate plans including charitable contributions for executives and wealthy clients
- Drafting all estate planning documents
- Trust and estate administration
- Advising clients on Federal and New York estate and gift tax
- Advising on individual tax matters for the international executive, including tax and foreign bank account reporting requirements, residency issues, expatriation, etc.
- Advising shareholders of closely held corporations on estate and gift tax issues as well as executive compensation issues
- General tax planning for corporate clients and investors
- Supervision of tax compliance for certain valued clients
- Advising on creation and operation of charitable foundations
- J.D. from an ABA accredited school
- LL.M. in Taxation
- Experience in general trusts and estates practice areas and supervision of paralegal staff
- Experience with corporate, partnership, executive compensation and international tax
- Must be a member of the New York bar
Broad tax experience is beneficial. Some portable business is required. Must have ability to instill client confidence and work with others. Compensation is based on experience and level of portable business. Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. We offer a competitive compensation arrangement and a collegial work environment. A complete and full background check will be required of any candidate selected for this position. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.