Contract Immigration Paralegal
- 665 5th Ave, New York, NY 10022, USA
Gibney, Anthony & Flaherty, LLP is a full-service commercial law firm with offices in New York and San Francisco. Our unique blend of resources, experience and talent enables us to resolve the varied and complex issues facing our clients with a personal and measured touch. We approach each matter entrusted to us as an opportunity to foster genuine and long-term relationships. To that end, we strive fully to understand our clients’ concerns and objectives and to collaborate with them through every step in the process. This synergistic approach has empowered us to create tailored and innovative programs that have attained national prominence.
This will be a three month contract role with the possibility to become ongoing employment based upon performance and the Firm’s staffing needs. The paralegal will primarily be involved in assisting with the preparation and submission of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions, labor certification applications, immigrant visa petitions and permanent resident applications. Key responsibilities include client data management and reporting, assisting with client communications, and providing other support to immigration attorneys in obtaining U.S. work authorization for foreign nationals and maintaining valid visa status of clients’ foreign national populations.
Other duties include:
- preparing letters in support of visa petitions;
- maintaining correspondence with clients;
- collecting evidence and visa documentation from clients;
- conducting case audits;
- maintaining contact with government agencies;
- researching visa application procedures and requirements; and maintaining client databases with respect to approval and validity dates of visa petitions
- 1+ years of business immigration experience
- Applicants should be detail-oriented and highly analytical with exceptional writing and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience with the PERM labor certification process is a plus
Salary is commensurate with experience. Please include a resume and cover letter with your application.