Immigration Paralegal - Experienced
- 665 5th Ave, New York, NY 10022, USA
Gibney attorneys share a common vision: a dedication to providing every client unparalleled personal attention, innovative solutions and practical and economical counsel. We value the contributions made by every attorney, paralegal and employee in advancing that goal. We are proud that we have remained trusted advisers to many of our clients for decades and that many of our attorneys and staff have spent their entire careers together at Gibney.
We are a team of passionate lawyers focused on collaboration and innovation. A testament to our culture, many of our attorneys, paralegals and staff have been with the firm for decades. A modern firm with traditional values, we set high standards for client service and have established a uniform level of quality that permeates the firm. We are ahead of the curve in our ability to design strategic solutions and programs for our clients, and all aspects of our legal and business operations are crafted with this goal in mind. With over 50 attorneys in New York and San Francisco, we look for attorneys and staff that share our vision.
At Gibney, we believe in a firm culture that promotes and appreciates diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences. This philosophy not only creates a better work environment, but enhances the quality of work and results we deliver to our clients.
The paralegal will primarily be involved with the preparation and submission of employment-based labor certification applications, immigrant visa petitions, adjustment of status applications, and U.S. citizenship applications, with an emphasis on labor certification applications. He/she will assist immigration attorneys in assessing immigration options for corporate clients, obtaining U.S. work authorization for foreign nationals, and maintaining valid visa status of clients’ foreign national populations. He/she may also assist with the preparation and submission of nonimmigrant visa petitions. Main duties include:
- preparing labor certification documents;
- overseeing labor certification recruitment process;
- preparing documents in support of adjustment of status applications and visa petitions;
- maintaining correspondence with clients;
- collecting evidence and documentation from clients;
- conducting case audits;
- maintaining contact with government agencies;
- researching application procedures and requirements; and
- maintaining client databases with respect to approval and validity dates of labor certification applications, adjustment of status applications, and visa petitions.
Applicants should be detail-oriented and highly analytical with exceptional writing and communication skills. At least 1+ year of immigration paralegal experience which includes the preparation of labor certification applications is required.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application.