Research Team Lead
- 3033 Wilson Blvd, Arlington, VA 22201, USA
Giant Oak applies social science in big data environments to identify illicit actions, actors, and networks. We seek to make the world a better place by developing software tools for risk mitigation in data-rich environments. We take an interdisciplinary view, using theories and methodologies from economics, computer science, and other fields to develop innovative tools and create knowledge to advance security goals on issues such as fraud, crime, and terrorism.
The Research Team Lead manages and leads a research program working to advance the development of a software that identifies illicit activity online by leveraging the deep web, social media, and open source intelligence. The Research Team Lead will support Giant Oak’s social scientists by identifying analytic gaps, leading research efforts, and providing insight on relevant security topics such as terrorism, trafficking, and fraud.
- Manage Research Assistant team providing research support and data collection;
- Develop overall RA programmatic strategy and vision;
- Assign tasks, track progress, and encourage productivity across RA team;
- Provide analysis and research support to social scientist team;
- Provide subject matter expertise on security trends, design data evaluations based on analytic needs, and summarize results.
- BA in a social science or quantitative discipline;
- Eligible for a U.S. Security Clearance
- In depth knowledge of international security issues and data analytics;
- Desire to delve into details to understand how they fit into the big picture;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Masters Degree in Security Studies, Social Science, Engineering, or Computer Science;
- Experience working with government customers.
Applicants must be eligible for a U.S. Security Clearance. Ideal applicant will be a U.S. citizen with an active security clearance and the ability to gain and hold a SCI security clearance. Applicants without active clearances will be considered.
Experience with one or more programming languages (e.g. Python, Java, C++)
Language Proficiency in Arabic, German, or French.