Blow Molding Process Technician
Centor originally started manufacturing operations in Berlin in 1968 as Owens-Illinois (OI) as part of the OI Closure Division. In August of 2007, Rexam PLC Prescription Products. In May of 2014, Rexam sold the plastics business and the Prescription Products division was acquired by Nemera, naming the business as Centor Inc. Centor Inc. was then acquired by Gerresheimer Glass Inc. (GGI) in September 2015. Gerresheimer is a leading global partner for the pharma and healthcare industries. Our special glass and plastic products contribute to health and well-being. We have worldwide operations and our 11,000 employees manufacture our products in the local markets, close to our customers.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB: Under the direction of the Mold Shop Manager, the Process Technician sets-up molds in blow molding machines, troubleshoots molding issues, and works on material evaluations.
• Possesses well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work in a high paced and multi-task environment.
• Maintains positive team environment.
• Ability to read, write and follow written or verbal instructions.
• Ability to speak, read and write English.
• Possesses basic math skills.
• Extensive knowledge in blow molding machine operation.
• Extensive understanding of blow molding technology and theory.
• Understanding of process troubleshooting concepts.
• Good working knowledge of MATTEC.
• Capable of performing mold changes.
• Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
• Performs all tasks necessary to operate molding machine and molds according to procedure.
• Actively communicates with co-workers - key items within the plant environment on safety, quality, maintenance, production and continuous improvement.
• Follows work instructions as needed and may be asked to write, revise and train others to those instructions.
• Set-up, operate and adjust molding machines for production.
• Enter process data as required on appropriate forms.
• Collects process from process capability and stability.
• Solve basic molding machine operating problems.
• Conducting and/or assisting in raw material evaluations as required.
• Improving and maintaining machine cycles to meet or exceed standards.
• Maintaining 100% cavitation on all molds.
• Coordinate with quality and production for troubleshooting and resolving daily production problems.
• Assist in machine and mold qualification and capability studies.
• Performs root cause analysis when problems arise to determine if actions can be taken immediately or appropriate personnel need to be called.
• Maintains 5S environment in work area.
• Ability to follow verbal or written instructions.
• Sweeps any debris from work area in the production area and machinery.
• Ability to lift up to 40 pounds and move up to 200 pounds.
• Adheres to plant and corporate safety policies.
• May assist in other areas or perform other duties as required by fluctuating business needs.
Starting rate $26.95
Benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, prescription drug coverage, flexible spending accounts, life insurance and 401(k) plan with company match.