Machine Vision Engineer
- 91 W Forest Grove Rd, Vineland, NJ 08360, USA
Gerresheimer is a leading global partner to the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries. With its specialty glass and plastic products, the company contributes to health and well-being with production operations in 40 locations around the world. Gerresheimer’s product portfolio includes pharmaceutical packaging and products for the safe, simple administration of medicines, such as insulin pens, in- halers, pre-fillable syringes, injection vials, ampoules, bottles and containers for liquid and solid medicines with closure and safety systems as well as packaging for the cosmetics industry.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary.
Consideration for this position will be made without regard to age, gender, religion, national origin, veteran’s status, disability or other protected class.
Reports to the Senior Director of Engineering and is responsible for the opto-mechanical portion of the vision systems. This position will need to be able to design and develop new systems and work to improve the existing installed base of vision systems. This position will work with the factories to ensure proper documentation is provided to allow adequate training and maintenance of the vision systems.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (including other duties as may be assigned)
· Responsible for the design of the opto-mechanical portion of the vision systems
· Responsible for the procurement, assembly testing and installation of new vision systems
· Provide feedback and system requirements with cross functional group that designs and programs the inspection software. Test software to make sure it meets the requirements and functions properly.
· Support manufacturing with continuous improvements to the vision systems based on internal factory and customer feedback
· Managing the release process for new inspection versions
· Produce documentation, drawings and manuals for the inspection systems
· Support factories with troubleshooting and maintenance of existing machine vision systems
- Supports GMS initiative through team participation
- Observe all safety precautions, rules and regulations
- Minimum of Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Degree
- >5 year’s experience, experience in the design and assembly of electro-mechanical systems is preferred
- Experience in problem solving, project implementation, and continuous improvement objectives is a plus
- Proficient with SolidWorks and MS Office Products including a focus on Excel
· Values – Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Innovation & Teamwork
· Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision
· Able to handle pressure of time constraints in meeting departmental goals.
· Detail oriented, Strong organizational skills
· Dependable, punctual and attentive
· Good organizational skills
· Competent and conscientious
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Normal administration related physical demands.
ll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.