PLC Machine Controls Engineer
- 91 W Forest Grove Rd, Vineland, NJ 08360, USA
Gerresheimer is a leading global partner to the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries. With its specialty glass and plastic products, the company contributes to health and well-being with production operations in 40 locations around the world. Gerresheimer’s product portfolio includes pharmaceutical packaging and products for the safe, simple administration of medicines, such as insulin pens, in- halers, pre-fillable syringes, injection vials, ampoules, bottles and containers for liquid and solid medicines with closure and safety systems as well as packaging for the cosmetics industry.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package and competitive salary.
Consideration for this position will be made without regard to age, gender, religion, national origin, veteran’s status, disability or other protected class.
Reports to the Senior Director of Engineering and is responsible for performing core design, creation & development of software utilized to control equipment and inspection systems. Individuals working at this level are fully competent within a specific discipline, manage projects within an established program and require little technical guidance from others.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (including other duties as may be assigned)
· Support and advise engineering group with hardware selection to insure that selected hardware will be able integrate with software platform
· Create software systems to primarily be used in a manufacturing environment. Software system will integrate hardware and software components, manipulate and output data as required and provides user interface to be used by factory operator and engineering.
· Structures project activity to meet Performance, Spending and Schedule Goals.
· Support factory with troubleshooting and setup of installed and operational inspection systems
· Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and self-manage time to insure that project timelines are maintained
· Supports GMS initiative through team participation
- Observe all safety precautions, rules and regulations
- Minimum of Electrical Engineering degree
- 10yrs experience in machine controls related to manufacturing industry (consider 5 years with strong work record)
- Proficient in computer hardware interfacing and computer user interactions
- Proficient with with PLC's and HMI's software development (Allen Bradley/Siemens/Direct Logic)
Familiarity with Ethernet networking and ModBus serial communications
· Values – Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Innovation & Teamwork
· Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision
· Able to handle pressure of time constraints in meeting departmental goals.
· Detail oriented, Strong organizational skills
· Dependable, punctual and attentive
· Good organizational skills
· Competent and conscientious
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Normal administration related physical demands.
ll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.