Deputy Service Owner
- London, UK
- Department: Service Ownership
- Office: London
Genomics England successfully led the world-leading 100,000 Genomes Project, which compared and analysed individuals’ genetic codes to help diagnose, treat and prevent illness.
We're now accelerating our impact, working with the NHS to further develop and embed genomic healthcare and research in Britain. Our next chapter involves working with patients, doctors, scientists, government and industry to improve genomic testing, and help researchers access the health data and technology they need to make new medical discoveries and create more effective, targeted medicines for everybody.
As the Deputy Service Owner, you will support the Service Owner to ensure the effective delivery of the overall Genomic Medicine service.
You will support cross-functional teams, ensuring actions are followed through, issues are resolved, and risks mitigated. You will work closely with product managers, delivery managers, software engineers, designers, researchers, logistics experts and scientists to bring products, operations and logistics together and help:
- Make sure the service is relevant to users
- Operate an adaptable and effective live service
- Create robust operations processes for delivery
- Manage the relationship with our key NHS stakeholder
You'll do this by ensuring to:
- Create and execute solid operational processes to ensure delivery of a live service
- Clearly record, communicate, and follow up actions
- Surface dependencies and blockers between the squads and teams and support resolution of issues
- Helping embed regulatory processes into BAU as part of ongoing requirements for UKCA compliance
- Provide support for internal and external meetings including logistics, writing minutes, tracking of actions and development of presentation materials
- Tracking of KPIs to measure and monitor performance
In order to be successful in this role, you'll be/have:
- Able to build effective relationships with a broad range of groups including experience working with technical teams
- Good communication, detail, analytical and numerical skills - the ability to pull together slide decks, agendas, reports, briefs and to deputise for the Service Owner in meetings
- Experience supporting a live critical, complex service and managing a budget
- Experience in agile operations
A scientific educational background is preferred, but equivalent work experience is also considered
Originally conceived as a project, Genomics England has transformed to meet the long-term opportunities created by our scientific breakthroughs in understanding the Human Genome. Being part of this journey is a reward in itself, however we're pleased to offer our colleagues a great benefits package including:
- competitive salary
- 30 days holiday
- generous pension scheme
- individual learning budgets for every colleague
- a raft of other benefits
Talk to our Talent Team and find out how a career with Genomics England will benefit you.